Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lease for rooming house?

Millions

Registered
Hey everyone,

I have a suited house as some know haa. I have the bsmt rented out to a family and I currently live up top with 2 roomies. For the summer ( 4mths) Id like to move out as the place will be sold and taken sept 1.

I was going to find another roommate and put them in my room. I`d like to do a lease up for the 4 mths for everyone.

Should I just use a standard lease for each person and have it as "renting a room" or is there other leases better for this? I`d like them respoinsible for the common areas together if possible. I trust them for the most part.

Also, If they are on a lease ending Sept 1, Then as long as I tell them it is sold end of July so the end of their term is really the end of the term, is that legal? I know for month-to-month, its 3 months but Im almost certain when its a fixed lease, it ends when it ends.

Look forward to the replies!

Thanks!

julieCEO

Registered
QUOTE (Millions @ Apr 8 2010, 12:20 PM) Hey everyone,

I have a suited house as some know haa. I have the bsmt rented out to a family and I currently live up top with 2 roomies. For the summer ( 4mths) Id like to move out as the place will be sold and taken sept 1.

I was going to find another roommate and put them in my room. I`d like to do a lease up for the 4 mths for everyone.

Should I just use a standard lease for each person and have it as "renting a room" or is there other leases better for this? I`d like them respoinsible for the common areas together if possible. I trust them for the most part.

Also, If they are on a lease ending Sept 1, Then as long as I tell them it is sold end of July so the end of their term is really the end of the term, is that legal? I know for month-to-month, its 3 months but Im almost certain when its a fixed lease, it ends when it ends.

Look forward to the replies!

Thanks!

I can`t idea. What you want to do. You need lease for rooming house or you want to give it.

Top Bottom