Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lease for Shared Accomoodations/rooming Calgary

eliane

REIN Member
Hi
We have one property with shared accommodations and we`re not certain of the type of lease to use. Your comments would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you

DaveRhydderch

Registered
QUOTE (eliane @ Jul 13 2010, 07:09 PM) Hi
We have one property with shared accommodations and we`re not certain of the type of lease to use. Your comments would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you

I did this in the past and used the same standard lease (as in the REIN documents) and made any changes as needed - i.e "house rules". In this case, you are operating under the inn keepers and not the residential tenancy act and do have more rights.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions.

Dave

Bill

Registered
QUOTE (DaveRhydderch @ Jul 14 2010, 09:30 AM) I did this in the past and used the same standard lease (as in the REIN documents) and made any changes as needed - i.e "house rules". In this case, you are operating under the inn keepers and not the residential tenancy act and do have more rights.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions.

Dave
We created a very modified version of the REIN lease. Unless you actually live in the property you still fall under Landlord and Tenant rules. You have to rent a room in your own home to fall under Innkeepers Act.

You can contact me in the email in my signature if you have more questions. We have been renting shared accommodations since about 2005 and I think I can say I have just about seen it all.

Top Bottom