Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Let`s Share RE Business iPad/iPhone Apps

JBagorio

Registered
Any apple users out there? Let's share Apple Apps we use in our day to day real estate business:

1 Evernote - great for making and compiling notes. I use it to document move in and out check lists, tenant interviews, etc... You can takes photos, videos, and audio recording.

2 iBook - good app for storing favorite books or reading materials, and presentation materials. With the PDF files support, I've converted my PowerPoint files to PDF...perfect for small group or one on one JV presentations.

3 To reach out to our online customers and network don't forget Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook apps? Can't live without these! :)

GaryMcGowan

Registered
I like dropbox for storing and accessing a files and rumor has it that REIN is releasing a RE Investing App in the future months.

Mitch Collins

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
Hey All;

I love iPads in the real estate business - it's an absolute game changer. I'll show some of the apps I have been using steady as well.

1. Dropbox - excellent for all your leases, property ads, receipts and all other information. With a 3G connection, you have full access to all your files anywhere you go.

2. Noterize - This app allows you to work with Dropbox to pull up digital copies of things like leases, condition inspection reports and much more for digital signatures. It's great to meet a tenant at a property and do the condition report with them on your iPad, have them sign it and send them an electronic copy on the spot. With the iPad 2, you can also take pictures of the walk throughs or even a video tour and upload that to Dropbox with your tenant file. It's also great for signing leases or amendments without having to kill a bunch of trees. There are lots of great styluses to choose from that makes digitially signing excellent.

3. Property Evaluator - This is excellent in conjunction with an iPad 2 or iPhone 4 and above as you can create very detailed proformas of properties on the spot, complete with a picture, cover page and even map function. It costs a lot (I think it was over $40 for the full version), but it's an excellent program and I use it nearly daily for clients.

4. GoToMyPC - Excellent, have your full computer with you wherever you go. This allows you to sign documents, upload them to Dropbox, then log into your office computer and even fax documents anywhere via internet faxing. This is great and there has been some recent upgrades to make it even more smooth.

5. Noteshelf - Just an excellent note keeping app with customizable paper fonts, great for keeping tenant notes and daily items.

6. Evernote - excellent for nearly everything as well. This is especially useful with a device with a great camera..can't wait for the better camera on the iPad 3 for this app.

I use lots of others as well, but the above certainly deserved a nomination as some of the most useful.

Mitch Collins

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
I almost forgot - the Property Management software I use - Buildium - can be fully utilized on the iPad via 3G connection, so you take your full office with you wherever you go. It's great!

JBagorio

Registered
Hi Mitch, for the use of Noterize do you use any pen? I find it hard to write with just my finger.

richardkp

REIN Member
Pocket Informant is hands down the BEST personal assistant software that you can use on both iPad and iPhone. It will also sync with outlook via a 3rd party interface but it works great. You can have your tasks, contacts, calendar, notes all in one place. I love it and have been using since the old HP iPaq days.

Mitch Collins

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
I've tried several styluses and I like the ones with a relatively firm rubber tip. I bought a targus case for my iPad2 that actually has business card holders and a place to keep my stylus, so it's always there. With the set up, after you get used to using it, you can basically toss out a printer for 95% of your day to day needs.

It works so well I bought another iPad just for my assistant at my office for daily use just for this function.

There are several other great PDF applications as well, another new one I really like is PDF Splicer, it allows you to make a single PDF out of as many files as you want, great tool you generally need the fully unlocked version of Adobe to perform.

Top Bottom