Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Libertas Properties Management

nepoez

Registered
Very interesting. I guess it`s very dependent on luck. So your cherish guaranteed 48 hour turn around time, you`re a very lucky individual!

QUOTE (jamurphy @ Oct 13 2009, 03:42 PM) I`ll throw in my two cents;

I too, have recently experienced a changeover in landlord liaison at Libertas…and although the timing makes me believe it is the same associate, my experience could not be more different.

Dealing with the previous landlord liaison was DIABOLICAL….like pulling teeth getting a response to even the most basic of requests. I was literally days away from moving all my business to another firm.

Since the changeover, the service has been SUPERB….guaranteed response to emails within 48hours (as per contract) and all requests are actioned as per my request.

I also find that a lot of info is on the web portal….I find this v.helpful.

WHAT A REFIELF.

Now I can focus on my investing, rather than the day to day management of the units.

Not sure if this helps you in any way…..but good luck whichever way you go.

James Murphy

invst4profit

Registered
QUOTE (thomas beyer 2000 @ Oct 13 2009, 07:52 PM) true to a point .. but it will limit the size of any company you will have !

At some point you will have to learn to delegate or manage/trust others !

True enough but I would guess that 99% of all Canadian LLs have no desire to grow into a company. They own one or possibly a handful of rental properties and are quite content to never delegate.
It is what makes the difference between investors and LLs. It is however not a measure of wealth.
I do not belong to REIN because I do not see myself as a investor and have no desire to simply invest to accumulate wealth.
Although I run a business I am not a businessman.

I am a LL, my collar is a permanent blue and I generally save my suit for weddings and funerals..

housingrental

Registered
Yup I guess unfortunately that`s so in some cases.
I think for smaller properties adding in contract clause like any repairs over $1000 need to be authorized by owner, etc.. can help minimize the potential for that.

QUOTE (investmart @ Oct 12 2009, 01:01 PM) I`m sure you don`t Adam. However, I`m also sure you understand why for the OWNER/INVESTOR it is not laways known what is really going on behind the scenes. not complaining though, this is the case in every field, not just RE. another reason why totally distrustful people can not invest in RE. well, from a certain level they can not do anything. Thanks.

housingrental

Registered
Yes I agree with Neil
I also manage my properties

QUOTE (invst4profit @ Oct 12 2009, 02:12 PM) Or they manage there properties themselves as I do.

housingrental

Registered
Thanks neopez

I didn`t get all of that from your original post

The post isn`t aiding you but does serve to make Libertas look worse

The problem is your not validating your judgement - I and the other viewers can only judge this sitatuion based on the information you`ve provided - and there is always two sides to the storey.

My advice:
Contact your pm again. If they don`t respond back to you at all after 3 business days find a new pm. If they do discuss what level of responsiveness they`re willing to provide you and if that works.

QUOTE (nepoez @ Oct 12 2009, 05:11 PM) Hi housingrental. Yes I was very detailed in all the emails I write them, the amount of writing I do is always 3 times more detailed and thought out than their responses. I`ve raised my concerns to the contact person first(in detail with everything my partner and I had been so tired of) without elevating it to her boss at first. Then only did we write to the owner because it was either ignored or I never got any responses. The rest of the story is already in the post. This post doesn`t solve anything with for my issues no. Perhaps I was just trying to vent or validate my judgement. Also, I feel that this is a community that shares their RE experiences(good and bad) so here I write. Sometimes talking things out does not solve the problem directly but it doesn`t mean it`s pointless.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (invst4profit @ Oct 13 2009, 06:55 PM) It is what makes the difference between investors and LLs. It is however not a measure of wealth.
I do not belong to REIN because I do not see myself as a investor and have no desire to simply invest to accumulate wealth.
Although I run a business I am not a businessman.
interesting .. you don`t invest for wealth ? For what then ?

If you run a business you are a business man .. or what am I missing here ?

nepoez

Registered
Unfortunately, as much as I tried to make it work by communicating our concerns(nicely) , they had decided that they are unable to meet our expectations and are giving us 2.5 month notice before they cease management for us. I`m sure Libertas could be a good PM but probably just not for small timers like myself as we`re not worth their time. I guess it`s just the nature of the business.

Thanks for the advices. I`m now officially looking for a new PM. Anyone heard of RentalAdvisors?

QUOTE (housingrental @ Oct 13 2009, 07:44 PM) Thanks neopez

I didn`t get all of that from your original post

The post isn`t aiding you but does serve to make Libertas look worse

The problem is your not validating your judgement - I and the other viewers can only judge this sitatuion based on the information you`ve provided - and there is always two sides to the storey.

My advice:
Contact your pm again. If they don`t respond back to you at all after 3 business days find a new pm. If they do discuss what level of responsiveness they`re willing to provide you and if that works.

invst4profit

Registered
QUOTE (thomas beyer 2000 @ Oct 13 2009, 11:33 PM) interesting .. you don`t invest for wealth ? For what then ?
What I mean by that is I have all the property I wish to have. Although I have plenty of cash available I chose not to invest in more properties, although it would increase my wealth, because I would not be able to manage them myself at this time. I have too many other income streams on the go right now.
So what I am saying is I do not wish to invest in more real estate to create wealth forcing me to hire PMs. There are easier investments like 2nd mortgages. Yes I invest for wealth but I chose not to invest any more in real estate because it would only
generate wealth without the pleasure I get from managing my own properties.

If you run a business you are a business man .. or what am I missing here ?

Although I stress to new investors that they must run investment properties as a business to succeed I prefer to think of myself as a owner/landlord/manager/labourer. Business man is too sophisticated for me.
If however I thought of myself first as a investor then I suppose I could move on up to Business man. It just isn`t me.

Top Bottom