Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Looking for a Great residential town north shore of Lake Erie

WRicheson

Registered
Recently `retired` couple (both under 45 - investment income) who are looking to relocate from Toronto to a nice area that is still close to the city.

Read an article in the Globe and Mail some months ago about many Torontonians moving to the North shore of Lake Erie. I didn`t save the article, but it stated that there are some very nice places to the south of Brantford that allow for lake front house purchasing for great prices, in growing towns with restaurants, etc....all 2 hours from Toronto.

Any ideas?

WR

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (WRicheson @ Dec 27 2009, 07:08 AM) Recently `retired` couple (both under 45 - investment income) who are looking to relocate from Toronto to a nice area that is still close to the city.

Read an article in the Globe and Mail some months ago about many Torontonians moving to the North shore of Lake Erie. I didn`t save the article, but it stated that there are some very nice places to the south of Brantford that allow for lake front house purchasing for great prices, in growing towns with restaurants, etc....all 2 hours from Toronto.

Any ideas?

WR

My brother lives in Simcoe, about 60 km south of Brantford.
About 25 km south of Simcoe is Port Dover on Lake Erie, it is a busy center mostly restaurants, some hotels, not really touristy, some great spots in the small surrounding communities.
Simcoe is a full service small city with all government offices and London is also about 1 hours away.
Just remember Port Dover is inundated with bikers every Friday the 13th, mostly just `motorcycle enthusiasts`.

alexandru

Registered
QUOTE (WRicheson @ Dec 27 2009, 07:08 AM) Recently `retired` couple (both under 45 - investment income) who are looking to relocate from Toronto to a nice area that is still close to the city.

Any ideas?

WR

We might`ve read the same article - it was about the Canada`s sunshine coast - Leamington and Kingsville.

Top Bottom