Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

looking for a system to screen tenants

BlairClarke

Registered
Hello everyone Im very new to being a Landlord/real estate investor and Im dedicated to excelling at it. I was wondering one thing though.

"Does anyone have a system for screening potential tenants"? Im thinking that someone out there must have a "near bullet proof" system for screening new tenants. One that might be like a coarse filter that cuts down the time of screening. Kind of like the cash flow zone theory, cuts the screening process down quicker by eliminating a large number right off the bat. Like I said im very new to this whole game so if these questions sound very silly, than please forgive me!

Thank You So Much Everyone!!

brentdavies

Registered
A Bullet Proof System

Monthly Income 3 times the Rent

Credit Score 750 plus, no defects

But to tell you the straight truth, I believe there is no bullet proof system. And I been at this game for a long time.

Tenants rent because they are either unable to get a mortgage or don't have money for a downpayment.

I have different screening critea for each property. A tough neighborhood vs a good solid neighborhood have 2 totally different tenant profiles.

I want tenants with a future. My competitors can have the tenants with a past.

fumbrunner

Registered
[quote user=brentdavies]A Bullet Proof System

I want tenants with a future. My competitors can have the tenants with a past.

I love that quote! I think I'll have to use it myself!! :)

Top Bottom