Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Looking for contractor to replace lino in kitchen

Don Leggett

Registered
Hello,

We are in need of someone to replace lino in one of our basement suite kitchen areas in Edmonton. It's a fairly small job around 300 - 400 sq ft and we were planning to use either laminate or tile but would also consider lino again if it was a good quality.

We have one quote to do laminate and would like to get a couple of others including one for tile and/or lino. The laminate guy doesn't do either.

Would anyone know of a contractor/handyman they would recommend that does these smaller jobs? Also, is there a general cost per square foot a person can use as a guide in estimating these types of costs?

We appreciate any help offered and thank you for your time.

Don Leggett

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
You may want to check with a few local flooring stores. In Edmonton, some of our best quotes (with good work too) were from Carpet Superstores, a local flooring retailer that likes to accommodate repeat business.

MatPiche

Registered
Hey Don,

You could also use a vinyl tile product my clients and I use to go OVER any hard surface. You can get them at any Home Depot and if you are fairly handy, you could even do an area that sized in one day. Here is a video of me installing the product on a clients rental property. When its all finished and grouted, it looks EXACTLY like ceramic. Feel free to watch, I even show you how to install it :) haha. Good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyOdndVbvcc

Don Leggett

Registered
Thanks Sherilynn,

We've set up an appointment for the installer from Carpet Superstore to come and quote us for the work. Based on the average cost per square foot he gave us when we went in to pick out the product (in this case it will be lino; $3/sq ft on sale for $0.99/sq ft) it sounds like it should be a good fit. We'll know for sure when he does up the quote but unless he is way off it should be installed by the weekend.

Appreciate the tip.

Have a great day.

Don

Don Leggett

Registered
Hi Mat,

Thanks for your tip as well. I did watch your video and it looks like a fairly simple product to install. May have to try it on the next project.

Regards,

Don

Top Bottom