Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Looking for work

Liam Silva

New Forum Member
Registered
I currently work as a structural engineer and am looking to transition into a role where i work with low to medium size residential homes.

I am trying to get a job that will have me dealing with permits, building codes, leasing, tracking finances, managing contractors, managing tenants, doing handy work...etc.

I feel that my best options are either project manager (manage the construction for projects) or property manager (manage the day to day operations).

- How do you recommend I work my way to getting a job with a realty group?
- Any companies/persons you recommend?

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
You need to tell us where, we are Canada wide. What province/city.

Liam Silva

New Forum Member
Registered
Currently in Ontario, GTA. Flexible

Thanks for replying. Any other advice?

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
I would google search for Property Management companies in Ontario. See if they are hiring.

If you feel you have all the education and knowledge to be a Property Manager, then start your own business.

Education and experience is Key, and you seem to have it from what you stated above.

Also, why not see your municipality is hiring in permits etc.

Liam Silva

New Forum Member
Registered
I would google search for Property Management companies in Ontario. See if they are hiring.

If you feel you have all the education and knowledge to be a Property Manager, then start your own business.

Education and experience is Key, and you seem to have it from what you stated above.

Also, why not see your municipality is hiring in permits etc.

Thought about property management (feels as if it will give the most relatable experience). I just dont know what kind of pay cut I will incur. Reviewing permits for the city requires a lot of extra schooling for Building Code certs. Still do have it as an option.

I have been thinking about doing project management for the construction of an investor(s) portfolio.

Liam Silva

New Forum Member
Registered
Bump.

Any investors with a residential portfolio interested in letting me shadow the work involved with managing the portfolio and/or growing it?

Anyone have contacts that can be of assisstance?

Thanks all

Top Bottom