Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lower Mainland Appraisal

ssteckler

REIN Member
I`m looking for a good appraiser for a property in the Delta area of the Lower Mainland. Does anyone know of one that they can recommend?

Stephen Steckler

R

RussellWestcott

Stephen, typically you want to appraise a property for the purpose of some kind of financing. I have always approached things from the other direction.

Talked to my Mortgage Broker first, determined who we are going to use for financing (i.e. which banks). Then have my mortgage broker recommend a list of appraisers that are on the `banks approved list`. Once I had this list I phoned a couple, had a brief conversation with them, surveyed their knowledge of the area I`m looking at, then picked one that sounded like they were an expert in that area.

As well, I always like to write a cover letter to my appraiser coming to appraise the property, and in that cover letter you can sell the details and state your case of what you feel the property is valued at... (I bet you have a good idea right now). You would be surprised how close your are, and how much of the information you include in your cover letter makes its way on to the appraisal report. In essence you are helping them with their job, almost like you do when you complete your sophisticated investment binder for your mortgage broker.

Bottom line, make sure the appraiser is on the banks list, so you do not go through the time, effort and expense of completing an appraisal only to hear from your bank, "thanks for the appraisal, but that company is not on our list. We will have complete a new appraisal with someone from this list" ... Guess how I learned that one
style_emoticons

Cheers

jarrettvaughan

Registered
QUOTE (ssteckler @ Dec 14 2007, 01:41 PM) I`m looking for a good appraiser for a property in the Delta area of the Lower Mainland. Does anyone know of one that they can recommend?

Stephen Steckler

This company just appraised my home and did a great job.

http://www.fvappraisals.com/home.html

Grant

Registered
Hi Stephen,

Please do not create a topic in more than one place. If you want your thread moved, you can send a private message to an administrator. Both threads have been merged into one.

KimFranz

REIN Member
Hi Stephen,

Not sure if you are still looking for an appraiser (I`ve been in Mexico!!), but my dad works with Fraserway Appraisal in Abbotsford, they cover the entire Lower Mainland. His name is Manfred Franz, an appraiser for over 25 years, the phone number is 604-850-5557 or email [email protected]

Good Luck,
Kim

Top Bottom