Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Major Alberta Development Projects - 4Q08

David90

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Here is an excellent report from CB Richard Ellis on Major development projects for Alberta. Of all industries combined, there is still over $270 Billion worth of projects either underway or on the books to be started. It also shows the amount of projects by area of the province. It`s a very informative report. To me it spells JOBS, JOBS JOBS!

Enjoy

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (birkholz @ Feb 19 2009, 05:31 PM) Here is an excellent report from CB Richard Ellis on Major development projects for Alberta. Of all industries combined, there is still over $270 Billion worth of projects either underway or on the books to be started. It also shows the amount of projects by area of the province. It`s a very informative report. To me it spells JOBS, JOBS JOBS!note the date .. likely lower going forward @ $35/barrel .. and with Obama saying "carbon footprint" and "buy America" and "tar sands" a real shift in $s will happen .. less oil sands projects .. but more carbon sequestration / storage for each new one going forward .. so yes, some new jobs ..

plus most projects will shift their schedule to the right .. i.e. years into the future !!

MUCH upheaval in Alberta these days !!!

VicChung

REIN Member
QUOTE (thomasbeyer2000 @ Feb 19 2009, 07:00 PM) note the date .. likely lower going forward @ $35/barrel .. and with Obama saying "carbon footprint" and "buy America" and "tar sands" a real shift in $s will happen .. less oil sands projects .. but more carbon sequestration / storage for each new one going forward .. so yes, some new jobs ..

plus most projects will shift their schedule to the right .. i.e. years into the future !!

MUCH upheaval in Alberta these days !!!

Does anyone know what the actual spending going forward with the price of oil at $35/barrel?

maynard

Registered
Hi I work in McMurray from my perspective here`s what I see. Jackpine mine hiring 1000 people this year for start up and intial complement of personel. CNRL almost producing oil shall require appprx 1000 persons.Total has requested a price to outfit 80 pieces of equipment with fire suprression.Imperial/Exxon going ahead with Kearl Lake. Syncrude production still at 300 a day. Syncrude only made 1.24 million net per day fourth quarter 08. Municipality of Wood Buffalo is scrambling to get infastructure inplace before next wave. Municpality still needs to hire 500 people. PS I don`t think were quite beat up here yet. Thanks Maynard

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (maynard @ Feb 19 2009, 09:00 PM) Hi I work in McMurray from my perspective here`s what I see. Jackpine mine hiring 1000 people this year for start up and intial complement of personel. CNRL almost producing oil shall require appprx 1000 persons.Total has requested a price to outfit 80 pieces of equipment with fire suprression.Imperial/Exxon going ahead with Kearl Lake. Syncrude production still at 300 a day. Syncrude only made 1.24 million net per day fourth quarter 08. Municipality of Wood Buffalo is scrambling to get infastructure inplace before next wave. Municpality still needs to hire 500 people. PS I don`t think were quite beat up here yet. Thanks Maynardso you`re saying ALL IS WELL?

maynard

Registered
What I`m saying gang is McMurray is no longer crazy,just very busy. Projects that a near completion shall be completed,money is spent. Esso Exxon cash on hand is good they are taking advantage of material costs and ample available labor. Jan 09 cost 34.91 cdn to produce 1bbl syncrude and sold 40 ish US dollars. Shell is launching jackpine bitumen is 27 Feet from surface. 2 shovels are assembled and pwer not run to them. Cnrl have 20 or so trucks running,30 ordered, also experimenting with hovercraft on river to beat traffic.CNRL bitumen is being stock piled so when plan comes on line they just have to feed breakers. Suncor sent multitude of contactors home just after xmas (voyager/firebag3) These contractors were gettin $200 per day LOA (living out allowance). Buy sendin them home for a couple of months are saving lots However they are only spending 3 billion in the nieghborhood as opposed to 9 billion as planned. What a great time to buy steel if you had to build a refinery or two.I would think. What I`m sayin after Barracks visit today who is goin to tell the great people of texas that their not going to buy any dirty oil from exxon. I think what I heard is that a new industry is about to be created on enviromental solutions for energy needs. US coal and US tarsands Myself I`m considering puttin in my first offer. 18 unit 4.1 million askin price. There is an open lot down the street for 5 mil. It`s a wierd bubble up here. Hope that helps Maynard

VicChung

REIN Member
QUOTE (maynard @ Feb 19 2009, 09:53 PM) What I`m saying gang is McMurray is no longer crazy,just very busy. Projects that a near completion shall be completed,money is spent. Esso Exxon cash on hand is good they are taking advantage of material costs and ample available labor. Jan 09 cost 34.91 cdn to produce 1bbl syncrude and sold 40 ish US dollars. Shell is launching jackpine bitumen is 27 Feet from surface. 2 shovels are assembled and pwer not run to them. Cnrl have 20 or so trucks running,30 ordered, also experimenting with hovercraft on river to beat traffic.CNRL bitumen is being stock piled so when plan comes on line they just have to feed breakers. Suncor sent multitude of contactors home just after xmas (voyager/firebag3) These contractors were gettin $200 per day LOA (living out allowance). Buy sendin them home for a couple of months are saving lots However they are only spending 3 billion in the nieghborhood as opposed to 9 billion as planned. What a great time to buy steel if you had to build a refinery or two.I would think. What I`m sayin after Barracks visit today who is goin to tell the great people of texas that their not going to buy any dirty oil from exxon. I think what I heard is that a new industry is about to be created on enviromental solutions for energy needs. US coal and US tarsands Myself I`m considering puttin in my first offer. 18 unit 4.1 million askin price. There is an open lot down the street for 5 mil. It`s a wierd bubble up here. Hope that helps Maynard
I am a great believer that in difficult times there are opportunities. My optimism has been tested over the last few months. I work for a world renown oil and gas service company and I have seen a number of my colleages lose their jobs. It is a small percentage of the workforce, but I have had sleepless nights since the last time I was laid 7 years ago I was unemployed for 6 months during the IT crash of 2000. What is everyone doing to weather this recession?

Here are some of the things I am trying:
(1) I have been trying to decrease my expenses
(2) Increase my cash flow on my 8 properties
(3) Protect my job by being more visible at work and staying out of politics
(4) Increase my savings
(5) Taking more classes at school
(6) Networking
(7) Retaining tenants

Any ideas? I am sure there are lots of jobs still, but less in my specialization

Top Bottom