Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Make A Difference With School Kids

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Hi,

An interesting proposal to make a difference with a group of school-aged kids and help set them up for what is about to come their way in life has been sent to me from Philip McKernan. He has already had extensive experience with doing this in Ireland (and was so popular that the Bank of Ireland even sent out a DVD of parts of his presentation to schools across the country). This is part of his `contribute to society` section of his Personal Belize and he is already having an impact and now he would like to do the same in Canada

If you have any contacts that could help him fulfill his Personal Belize here in Canada please contact him directly. Here`s a copy of his e-mail:

Don, as you witnessed in Ireland, we can make a huge difference in the lives of the young people who will be our future leaders. The results in Ireland have been nothing short of amazing and now, while I`m in Canada, I`d like to continue this special work here.

As a review, we are looking for a high school that are open to innovative ideas as we would like to run a 2/2.5 hour workshop in the school for 15-18 year olds. Ideally the students should be in the same year and a class of no more than 50 students.
The students must be given the CHOICE to turn up and must pay something even if it is as little as $1. This one subtle point is obviously not to make money, but to help them take this presentation seriously. Once they are in the room they will love the event as we`ve seen in the past.

The workshop is highly interactive, challenging, supportive and fun! Essentially, we cover many area of life that will ultimately prepare each student for the decisions they will face that will impact the course of the rest of their lives. The messages and insights will be delivered through a workbook, story telling, music, videos and interactive exercises. We prepare the students for the life changing decision they will all face by focusing on the following 3 foundations.

· Self Belief
· Confidence
· Self Esteem

During the workshop we will cover the following practical challenges that all students face today.

* Peer Pressure
* Parental Pressure
* Societal Pressure
* Where they spend their time
* Support
* Leadership
* Health
* Diet
* And many more areas

The workshop will be delivered by me, Philip McKernan, who is an International Speaker, Student Coach, Business & Personal Coach and has delivered his program and material to thousands of Students in Ireland already.

I trust that we can make a difference here as well.

If you are, or know of anyone who is, in a position to make the appropriate introductions or would like to have this occur at your school in the new year, please feel free to contact Philip directly at [email protected]

DanHeon

REIN Member
Hello Fellow REIN Members and Non-Members,

It is nothing short of amazing how life works! I have reached my Belize a few years ago.
Since then i have been searching to ramp up and set my sights on the "Next Level".

That is when i bumped into Phil McKernan!

My Heart goes out to all young adults. I really feel that in today`s society that youth face
an even harder time deciding things like... 1) What do i want to do with my life? 2) Will it be
meaningful? 3) Will it be worth the hard work? 3)Am i suited for that type of work?
4)Could someone like me even achieve that? 5) I have always wanted to do this in my life...
But i am not sure it is even possible. 6)Do I have what it takes? 7)Can i make a difference?

Phil shared with me about how he loves to pour into young people`s lives and explore with them about
Daring to Dream and offering to help set a vision where young adults get a chance to "Create a life they
love and live it powerfully"

long story short...

A group of us have created an opportunity for Phil to connect with 50 young adults (15-18) years old.

Where: Meeting Room B,Mckenzie Town Community Center, Calgary, Alberta
When: Saturday,November 17th, 2007 [12pm to 5pm]

This program will be the first opportunity for Phil to present in Canada! As he has done for years back in Ireland.

I am looking for all of your support.
Plz invite all Young Adults that would like to explore "What the future Holds?"

They can contact us at: [email protected] to register. (for the moment this is best)

Thanks again for giving back to our community and making a difference!

Dan Heon

Top Bottom