Making money

trudijohnston

Registered
Sep 20, 2007
Toronto
Good-morning!!!!

I see many of you are posting some great comments around Philip McKearnan. I have to say I totally agree. I think that Irish accent may add to the charm. After seeing P.S I love You- staring Gerard Butler I think if I wasnt a happily married person I would leave my husband and go to Irealand in search of him.

Now for the more serious business of living!!

I have some great properties where due to the great mortgage rates now are cash flowing around 3-400?mth. Sure it makes you smile and adds to your bottom line which is one reason I am investing in real estate. BUT, just as important is the tenant we have that still only pays 400(her rent should be 600 but she is in a financial crisis and has been for over a year). When we went and saw her on Tuesday she couldn`t of made us feel any happier. The place was amazing. It was soo clean and nicely done up. She is helping us with the bottom unit which was trashed by a tenant, and she told us that as soon as her disability payment increases she will again pay us more rent. The gratitude from her really touched me deeply. As we were leaving she gave us a huge jar of candies. It was so kind of her.

My point being is its a great feeling to make money, even better when you make money using someone else`s money, but no greater than helping another person along the way. I feel this is the whole package deal!!!!

JPAQ

Registered
Sep 4, 2007
St Albert AB
QUOTE (trudijohnston @ Dec 4 2008, 05:51 AM) Good-morning!!!!

I see many of you are posting some great comments around Philip McKearnan. I have to say I totally agree. I think that Irish accent may add to the charm. After seeing P.S I love You- staring Gerard Butler I think if I wasnt a happily married person I would leave my husband and go to Irealand in search of him.

Now for the more serious business of living!!

I have some great properties where due to the great mortgage rates now are cash flowing around 3-400?mth. Sure it makes you smile and adds to your bottom line which is one reason I am investing in real estate. BUT, just as important is the tenant we have that still only pays 400(her rent should be 600 but she is in a financial crisis and has been for over a year). When we went and saw her on Tuesday she couldn`t of made us feel any happier. The place was amazing. It was soo clean and nicely done up. She is helping us with the bottom unit which was trashed by a tenant, and she told us that as soon as her disability payment increases she will again pay us more rent. The gratitude from her really touched me deeply. As we were leaving she gave us a huge jar of candies. It was so kind of her.

My point being is its a great feeling to make money, even better when you make money using someone else`s money, but no greater than helping another person along the way. I feel this is the whole package deal!!!!

What an awesome tenant. I had an older couple in one of my units and they were the same way. There rent was below market however I saved ALLOT of money on repairs and maintenance because if something needed repairs they fixed it on there own. I was always amazes at how they kept the yard......There lawn was nicer then my own!!!

Cheers,

Jason

MikeMcCrae

Registered
Sep 3, 2007
Leduc, Ab.
I like it when I can do good as well. I have one customer that wrote me a real nice letter when I wanted to raise the rent and she told me her stroy. She said she would pay the increase but it would definatly affect the way she lived. After a bit of research I agreed that the rent increase would alter her life more than mine and her situation would not be pleasant. The house was already quite profitable and she keeps it immaculate so I told her we would skip the rent increase this year. I wouldn`t do it with most people but sometimes it just makes sense to do the right thing for our fellow human beings and not always be on the chase for more.