Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

member of REIN on business cards

ChrisMewhort

Registered
QUOTE (ltam68 @ Oct 28 2009, 10:37 AM) Does anyone use "Member of REIN" on their business cards?

Hi ltam68,

I`m sure you`ll find a spectrum of answers here, but I`ll take a shot at the question.

I don`t. My reason being that I want my business card to be incredibly simple with the minimal amount of filler content. I want: my photo, my position (real estate investor), my name, my contact information; that`s it.

Think about your target audience. Who will you be giving these cards to? Will they know what "REIN" is? If they don`t, is the word "REIN" enough information? Are the words, "Real Estate Investment Network"? Remember that sometimes your card will be looked at with very little context, but more often than not when you give people your card you will be having a discussion with them (about real estate investing, no doubt).

My advice is to spend time choosing the information on your business card; Once you give it out, it`s out of your hands (no pun intended).

If your entire elevator pitch is surrounding REIN, then yes, I would recommend having that you`re a member on there, so that when he/she looks at the card months down the road they`ll read "REIN" and think, "Oh, that guy!" If your pitch is about how smart you are for coming up with your investing strategy, then leave it off.

In my (humble) opinion, I recommend thinking first and foremost about your target audience, and the context in which your card will be read. Every person`s needs are unique, at that point.

Kind regards,

Chris

ltam68

Registered
QUOTE (ChrisMewhort @ Oct 28 2009, 02:19 PM) Hi ltam68,

I`m sure you`ll find a spectrum of answers here, but I`ll take a shot at the question.

I don`t. My reason being that I want my business card to be incredibly simple with the minimal amount of filler content. I want: my photo, my position (real estate investor), my name, my contact information; that`s it.

Think about your target audience. Who will you be giving these cards to? Will they know what "REIN" is? If they don`t, is the word "REIN" enough information? Are the words, "Real Estate Investment Network"? Remember that sometimes your card will be looked at with very little context, but more often than not when you give people your card you will be having a discussion with them (about real estate investing, no doubt).

My advice is to spend time choosing the information on your business card; Once you give it out, it`s out of your hands (no pun intended).

If your entire elevator pitch is surrounding REIN, then yes, I would recommend having that you`re a member on there, so that when he/she looks at the card months down the road they`ll read "REIN" and think, "Oh, that guy!" If your pitch is about how smart you are for coming up with your investing strategy, then leave it off.

In my (humble) opinion, I recommend thinking first and foremost about your target audience, and the context in which your card will be read. Every person`s needs are unique, at that point.

Kind regards,

Chris

Thanks Chris. That makes a lot of sense.

Thanks,
Lippman

Top Bottom