Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MF Investments in Hamilton, ON

reinvestors88

Registered
We are considering a private purchase of MFs in areas of Barton and Sherman, and Victoria and Main Sts. We are not quite familiar in these pockets of Hamilton and were wondering if these areas are worth investing our capital. Any comments/opinions are very much appreciated. Thanks.

reinvestors88

Registered
[quote user=housingrental]No they are not

Checking a Hamilton map, Ivor Wayne Stadium where Pan Am Games will be held is few blocks to Barton and Sherman. Would you not consider it a plus factor including City's road improvements going on in the area?

Thanks for your feedback, Adam.

housingrental

Registered
How do you make money from operations while waiting for it to appreciate at some future point?

MrHamilton

Registered
What fundamentals have led you to these neighbourhoods? Are these apartment buildings or 2-5 family homes?

Personally I invest where:

• there is demand from tenants and regular buyers
  • near job growth
  • areas of renewal
    major transportation improvements
    walkability
If you're buying an apartment building or a nice plex at Victoria and Main, that's not bad.

Hope that helps!

E

markl

Registered
What is the price you are paying? What are the rents? What are your expected outcomes.

I work with many investors who invest in and around those areas. If you want to shoot me your deal offline if you want some help analyzing it.

Regards,

reinvestors88

Registered
An update: after conducting due diligence, serious thoughts and consideration on your expert opinions, we decided not to pursue the deals. As of this writing, a trusted source told us that the owners are still quitely looking for interested buyers. Who knows what's behind the curtain???

Anyway, thanks everyone!!!

anthony63

REIN Member
Hi Erwin,

Can you recommend a property manager for Hamilton that is effective at managing a commercial/residential property. 10 unit multi with commercial offices on street level - 630 Main St. East. The commercial is actually all rented and need someone to lease up the fully renovated apartments.

Anthony Piselli

markl

Registered
Hi Anthony,

I emailed you a couple of people that I work with for property management.

Regards,

Mark

Top Bottom