Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Midland Ontario

Charly

Registered
Hi Folks:

Wondering if anyone has any knowledge of Midland Ontario. It is a small town 1 hour from Toronto and approximately 50 minutes from Barrie Ontario.

I bought a townhouse condo for my mother two years ago in that town. (She needed to relocate).
The condo is extremely well run with a good kitty. Realtors rarely sell the condos in this complex as all is word of mouth. In other words, if a person wants to sell, they tell the condo manager and within 24-48 hours, the condo is sold - it has a solid reputation.

My real focus here is Midland. I hear a great deal about Barrie but not much about Midland. Any thoughts?

thejules

REIN Member
Midland, Penetanguishine, & Tay Township have been just under the radar in my opinion. These are great little towns with an excellent diversity in industries for job growth & recreation opportunties for life style. The area is very attractive to young families and retiring baby boomers. The excellent thing about this area is that you can find properties that cash flow and have tremendous room for long term equity growth. But I would carefully investigate the area and find specific neighborhood areas to invest in based on the fundamentals using the gold mine score card. I have owned in the area and I enjoyed cash flow as well as equity growth. It`s also a beautiful area to be in during the summer time!

Registered
I`ve lived in Midland for the past 11 years and have bought,built, renovated and sold 3 houses successfully moving up the property ladder. We`ve also just bought our first rental property- a single family house with in-law suite. I know the market fairly well and can put you in touch with the top real estate agent in the area. Let me know if I can help you out.

S.G.

QUOTE (Charly @ Dec 3 2008, 01:10 PM) Hi Folks:

Wondering if anyone has any knowledge of Midland Ontario. It is a small town 1 hour from Toronto and approximately 50 minutes from Barrie Ontario.

I bought a townhouse condo for my mother two years ago in that town. (She needed to relocate).
The condo is extremely well run with a good kitty. Realtors rarely sell the condos in this complex as all is word of mouth. In other words, if a person wants to sell, they tell the condo manager and within 24-48 hours, the condo is sold - it has a solid reputation.

My real focus here is Midland. I hear a great deal about Barrie but not much about Midland. Any thoughts?

bigbabba

Registered
stay away from Midland, the prices of houses decline not incline..they are cheap for a reason. A good friend of my fathers bought for investment years ago, it was a liability not an investment, he lives in the house now since its worth less then what he payed for it years ago.

Top Bottom