Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Monthly Inspections

clwenner

REIN Member
Hello there, does anyone have a standard "Monthly Inspection" checklist or Form they use?
Please feel free to email it to me at [email protected]
Thank you so much!
Cindy

GarthChapman

Registered
Cindy, that is in REMA, in the Maintenance Tables, along with semi-annual, annual, etc. And you can modify it as you prefer via the Maintain Tables button in the Toolbar.

And since you won a free year of REMA in a draw last fall you have it to use free. Ray just sent me your email address so your License Key will be emailed to you today!

clwenner

REIN Member
QUOTE (GarthChapman @ May 8 2008, 11:36 AM) Cindy, that is in REMA, in the Maintenance Tables, along with semi-annual, annual, etc. And you can modify it as you prefer via the Maintain Tables button in the Toolbar.

And since you won a free year of REMA in a draw last fall you have it to use free. Ray just sent me your email address so your License Key will be emailed to you today!

Hey Garth!

Thanks so much for the info! Do you know if it`s legal to do monthly inspections?

AND I won a free year of REMA!?!? That`s super! I`ll check that email

Cin

georgefung

Registered
Would anyone have a spreadsheet-based or similar checklist that they would be willing to share?

I'd like to go into my maintenance inspections with a more thorough agenda of items to inspect.

I'm one of the unlucky ones who didn't win a free year of REMA.

Thanks.

George

2ndstory

Registered
Monthly inspection? Can you clarify what you are talking about? Are you actually inspecting your houses every month?

Nik

georgefung

Registered
Sorry... perhaps I should have started a new thread with a different tag line, instead of continuing this thread.

I, personnaly, do the inspections every 3-6 months, like most of us (I think). I usually ask my client if there are any other issues from a proactive maintenance perspective, so if I've already been in the property for a requested maintenance repair, I usually wouldn't bother with the next inspection for at least a few months.

I just want to have a more comprehensive list of exactly what to check for, besides the obvious items like leaky taps and changing furnace filters.

Thanks.

George

fisher1

Registered
Every month seems a bit much. If I was a tenant I wouldn't be there long if my landlord was coming to inspect my home every 30 days.

orei

Registered
Agreed, I would argue that a monthly inspection could interfere with the "reasonable enjoyment" of a rental unit. Screen, screen, screen your tenants ... and then you've got to trust a little.

I admire the intention though....

invst4profit

Registered
Monthly does seem excessive, and don't forget in Ontario you must send your tenant a 24 hr notice prior to inspection. There is a possibility you could be taken to the board for harassment. Every 6 months would probably be a better idea siting safety reasons regarding inspection of the fire alarm.

JBagorio

Registered
Twice or three times within a tenancy period is sufficient...Make sure to announce or give notice in within 24 hours.

JoeRagona

Registered
The only 'monthly' inspection we do is a drive by the property with digital pictures sent back to me just to 'know it's still standing' and it's looking clean a tidy on the outside.

Every quarter, we do a maintenance checkup, change the filters, etc...

Top Bottom