Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mountains, Rivers and C-Sections

wgraham

REIN Member
I thought I would sit and write about the past 3 remarkable days before the moment muddies in my mind. If you don`t want to hear a proud new father ramble on just click the X now

The past nine months have been an incredible journey with incredible highs and some lows as well.

Two years ago, the day after I had quit my well paying full time job to focus on our Real Estate Investment company, Tammy and I were laying in bed and I thought I would just lay there.....soak in the moment.....but Tam turns over to me and looks me square in the eye with one of those looks that you just can`t move away from and says, "Are you ready to be a dad?" Well if quitting my job didn`t make this a big day then that sure did!

Three months went by and all seemed well but at our 10 week check-up there was no heartbeat.

Click Here To Read The Rest Of The Story And See Photos....

GarthChapman

Registered
Congratulations Wade & Tammy! SO glad to hear all is well. Life is such a gift - your story takes me back in such a nice way...

AlisonKeighan

Registered
Congratulations Wade & Tammy, he looks perfect!
Just as Garth said, it takes me back. We had ups & downs similar to yours but our 16 & 13 year old girls are the joy of our lives.
Soak up every minute of these early days, it`s amazing how quickly the pass by.
And remember, "Sleep when Baby sleeps".

Regards,
Alison

JimWhitelaw

Registered
Congratulations to all of you. I`m glad that things worked out so well for you. The birth of our first child was also an "experience" that didn`t go as we planned but turned out OK, so I have some sympathy for the emotional roller-coaster you`ve been on. I wish you all the best.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Congratulations Wade !

Kids are such a joy .. and pain .. and fun .. and money drain .. and investment opportunity ... and a reason for laughter and living !

Your story made me recall that black poop .. gee .. must have been 2 decades ago ..

Thanks for sharing !

Sandy Fransham

Registered
Hey Wade;

FANTASTIC news! A great story you`ve put to paper. Kaden will treasure that someday when you give it to him!

Looking forward to giving you a congratulations hug in person soon!

Sandy

gwasser

Registered
QUOTE (wgraham @ Mar 7 2010, 02:37 PM) I thought I would sit and write about the past 3 remarkable days before the moment muddies in my mind. If you don`t want to hear a proud new father ramble on just click the X now

Three months went by and all seemed well but at our 10 week check-up there was no heartbeat.

Click Here To Read The Rest Of The Story And See Photos....

An incredible story. My kids were born with ease (one in under 30 minutes upon arriving in the hospital. I literally pushed my wife laying onto a wheeled bed into the delivery room. They had not even time to put on the ultrasound monitor.)

I guess our kids made up later for the easy births. In the end it is all worth it. Enjoy your new son and take him on lots of hikes. That keeps you young.

wgraham

REIN Member
Thanks for the notes everyone! This has been an amazing journey and I am glad so many of you can relate.

The adjustment has been interesting so far but we are starting to find our rhythm. I just need to make it down to the Lawyers to sign docs some time soon

We have turned the phones off and set auto-replies on the email to take a break for awhile and soak in the moments. I find myself just staring at him with a sense of pride and love that I don`t think I have ever felt before! What a joy....

Not sure if I will make it to the next couple of REIN events but until then......

Wade

Top Bottom