Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mr Campbell Please Read!

Monty604

Registered
Hi Don,

I wanted to say thank you for making such a great website and informative website to help investors at all stages. I also wanted to thank you welcoming me to you website. I have been looking for some mentors on this website and I heard that you live in Abbotsford. I also purchased your 97 Tips book and Investing in Real Estate in Canada.

Luckily for me when I went to the Coles book store in the Seven Oaks mall there were 2 copies left there; and one actually was autographed by you! So I bought both and I am reading Real Estate Investing in Canada and I decided that I would step out of my comfort zone. So I was wondering if you could mentor me to my journey of building wealth through real estate?

If you can I would really appreciate it and I am willing to do whatever it takes to learn!

BTW I also plan on coming to your quickstart seminar/event next time you`re in Vancouver in February and getting a REIN membership.

Lastly, I would like to thank you for this invaluable resource and hopefully considering becoming my mentor.

Thank you,

Monty
Please call me @ 778-241-3478 if you would like to talk to me further.

ChrisDavies

Registered
Hi Monty,

Don`s probably a little busy in Calgary right now at the Western Canadian Conference and Tour, but I`m pretty sure of what he`ll say, and my advice is similar. Joining REIN and attending Quickstart is going to be the best mentor you`ll receive. You`re going to learn a lot, meet some phenomenal people and begin learning from some very experienced investors. You`ll be able to find a personal mentor if you want, but the experience of being a REIN member, attending the Quickstarts and other meetings will be an enormously beneficial experience. (Very high ROI for your time and money)

To my knowledge Don doesn`t do one-on-one mentoring; he makes his time available through REIN.

Some folks I know who do mentoring are Rodney Hough from Ontario and then there`s the workshops and mentoring by Barry McGuire and Phillip McKernan.

If you`re ready to get going, I`d hit up the Quickstart in Edmonton.

Monty604

Registered
QUOTE (ChrisDavies @ Aug 23 2008, 11:20 AM) Hi Monty,

Don`s probably a little busy in Calgary right now at the Western Canadian Conference and Tour, but I`m pretty sure of what he`ll say, and my advice is similar. Joining REIN and attending Quickstart is going to be the best mentor you`ll receive. You`re going to learn a lot, meet some phenomenal people and begin learning from some very experienced investors. You`ll be able to find a personal mentor if you want, but the experience of being a REIN member, attending the Quickstarts and other meetings will be an enormously beneficial experience. (Very high ROI for your time and money)

To my knowledge Don doesn`t do one-on-one mentoring; he makes his time available through REIN.

Some folks I know who do mentoring are Rodney Hough from Ontario and then there`s the workshops and mentoring by Barry McGuire and Phillip McKernan.

If you`re ready to get going, I`d hit up the Quickstart in Edmonton.

Thanks Chris I unfortunately can`t attend in Calgary because I just started a new job a few months ago and I was told that booking time off during probation is frowned upon so I am going to hold off until they come to Vancouver in February. I wasn`t sure if I should purchase the Quick Start Home Study program or wait till February to join REIN and then basically get a 2 for 1 sort of deal.

Anonymous

Registered
If finances allow, I think it would be great to join REIN now- I only wished I heard of REIN sooner. That way, you get the Quick Start Home Study course now and then attend monthly meetings and Quickstarts as often as you wished. I think the next monthly meeting in Port Coquitlam is in Sept. If you are unable to attend, you still get the CDs.
As you can imagine, Mr Cambell is very busy but he is approachable and tries to make time for a quick question or two if you are able to catch him at meetings. Personally, I think mentors are great but through the networking available though REIN, you may find someone you click with and establish a mutually benefical relationship.

QUOTE (Monty604 @ Aug 23 2008, 04:10 PM) Thanks Chris I unfortunately can`t attend in Calgary because I just started a new job a few months ago and I was told that booking time off during probation is frowned upon so I am going to hold off until they come to Vancouver in February. I wasn`t sure if I should purchase the Quick Start Home Study program or wait till February to join REIN and then basically get a 2 for 1 sort of deal.

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Hi Monty,

Thanks for the kind words. The books have been catalysts of change for many people across the country. This discussion forum us a great place for you to begin your property journey.

Waiting until February might be a bit of a stretch you may wish to jump on a cheap flight from Abbotsford to Edmonton for the Quickstart in November (lots of BC people will be attending.) if not, the Quickstart home-study may be your best option (as it also provides you a discount to attend live in the future).

Go get `em and remember the system has been designed to mitigate risk in all market conditions... don`t skip a step.

Monty604

Registered
QUOTE (DonCampbell @ Aug 26 2008, 12:33 PM) Hi Monty,

Thanks for the kind words. The books have been catalysts of change for many people across the country. This discussion forum us a great place for you to begin your property journey.

Waiting until February might be a bit of a stretch you may wish to jump on a cheap flight from Abbotsford to Edmonton for the Quickstart in November (lots of BC people will be attending.) if not, the Quickstart home-study may be your best option (as it also provides you a discount to attend live in the future).

Go get `em and remember the system has been designed to mitigate risk in all market conditions... don`t skip a step.

Thank you very much for the feedback. I think I am going to join rein as soon as my probation is over at my new job and then I should be able to attend the quickstart in November in Edmonton. I look forward to meeting new people and going to Edmonton since I have never been there. Hopefully I should be able to meet some good people that can help me start my business relationships and jumpstart me on the path to prosperity through real estate.

Thank you again to everyone

ejplimley

Registered
QUOTE (Monty604 @ Aug 27 2008, 06:14 AM) Thank you very much for the feedback. I think I am going to join rein as soon as my probation is over at my new job and then I should be able to attend the quickstart in November in Edmonton. I look forward to meeting new people and going to Edmonton since I have never been there. Hopefully I should be able to meet some good people that can help me start my business relationships and jumpstart me on the path to prosperity through real estate.

Thank you again to everyone

Hi Monty,

I know how you feel trying to break into the Real Estate investment market, it’s pretty over whelming. I joined REIN in January of this year and felt the same as you do. After attending the monthly workshops and talking to other members I started grasping the concepts that REIN teaches. I attended the Quick Start program in June and felt pretty confident about making a purchase after the weekend. (I do recommend joining REIN before attending Quick Start for two reasons: 1-it saves you money, 2- you will get more out of the weekend if you already understand the fundamentals.)
Although I felt confident making a purchase, the order in which to make it happen was still a bit unclear. I figured I would need to find a mentor to help me with the process of purchasing my first property. I approached a successful REIN member by the name of Ken Wilson (the tall guy in the Calgary Flames Jersey) and asked if he would help guide me through the process. With his wealth of knowledge and supervision, I quickly had all of the steps in the right order and made my first purchase.
My suggestion would be to talk to Ken and see if he would be interested in helping you through your first purchase. I’m not sure if he is interested, or what he would charge for his time but it would be worth asking. Good Luck, EJ

Top Bottom