Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Multifamily education

KennedyBuild

I help Investors find great properties!
Registered
I'd like to get started in multifamily investing- buildings between 10 and 20 units.

I'm finding that I am a little lost when reviewing buildings and that I definitely need to educate myself more! I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction or recommend a program, book, or course I could use to get me on the right track.

I know that REIN offers a home study program, but it was produced quite a while back. Has anyone used this program? If so, would you recommend it in todays market? Are there any other trusted programs on the market?

Thanks in advance,

Geoff

trevismcconaghy

Trevis McConaghy, REIA
REIN Member
When I joined REIN, I got the Multi-Family Investing secrets books and audio. I have been through the audio twice and feel it has been beneficial. The more a person gets involved in RE, the more useful the content. I am sure there are some members with the books where you live that would be willing to share. Trevis

DaveL

Registered
I would start by getting REIN's Multi-Family program. REIN is also offering a one day multi-family workshop I believe it's in May. Additionally you should check out Pierre-Paul's site www.multifamilyblueprint.com He offers a 3 day experiential multi-fam course and takes you through his buildings and goes in detail how to evaluate and pitfalls to lookout for. Good LUck

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
[quote user=KennedyBuild] If so, would you recommend it in todays market?
Absolutely. Not much has changed, except pricing of assets, i.e. more expensive.

[quote user=KennedyBuild]Are there any other trusted programs on the market?
David Lindahl in the US offers another program, but it is more US geared, but the principles are very useful here too. Buy his book "Emerging Markets" .. and of course mine too.

Perhaps JP and I will get our act together and publish a multi-family oriented book together, but the effort is massive and the market limited. The REIN binder essentially summarizes the core concept, and it has 12 or 15 different speakers who cover all relevant aspects of it.

Get it. Understand it. Act upon it.

KennedyBuild

I help Investors find great properties!
Registered
Thanks everyone, I will move forward with the purchase.

Much appreciated!

Geoff

Cory Sperle

REIN Member
I would suggest finding a quality mortgage broker who has 10 + years experience financing these types of projects. All the education you can muster can not replace the insight/experience that he/she can provide to you.

Top Bottom