Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Multiplex Average Cost Per Unit in Hamilton

reinvestors88

Registered
For Hamilton multiplex investors, can you please share your latest average purchase price per unit? Thank you.

GaryMcGowan

Registered
All depends where you are looking and what type of condition they are in. You can see prices from 65k a unit which need a lot of work up to 90-135k a unit. As I said it depends on where you are looking.

reinvestors88

Registered
[quote user=GaryMcGowan]You can see prices from 65k a unit which need a lot of work up to 90-135k a unit. As I said it depends on where you are looking.

Yes, it all depends on the area and condition of units. We made an offer at $65K/unit for a property far from Downtown Core area but not accepted due low price. On the contrary, we believe the asking price ($75K+/unit) is too high versus sold multiplex in the area and after factoring the cost of needed renovation per unit.

Thanks for sharing.

markl

Registered
During the year of 2013 I have sold Multi unit buildings for as low as a tick less than $50k per door to about $135k per door. This is in the multi realm of 8 units plus.

If you are talking about smaller converted multi's in decent areas you are looking $80k - $160k per door as you are competing with people who will also use the space for their primary residence.

Regards.

reinvestors88

Registered
The building we referred to was over 8 doors. It was overpriced vs same building sold in the area. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom