My First Revenue Property – The Importance of Having a Great Team

dwmiller

Registered
Nov 6, 2008
Vancouver
Hello, everyone. I am a relatively new member of REIN (November 2008), and I closed on my first revenue property in Lethbridge at the end of March 2009. The speed at which I was able to accomplish this would not have been possible for me had it not have been for the support of my fellow REIN members and the resources on the myREINspace website.

One person whom I would like to make special mention of is my realtor and fellow REIN member Jody Workman. As a REIN member who owns and manages his own portfolio of revenue properties, Jody understands the needs of the sophisticated real estate investor and the importance of finding properties which fit a system. He is well versed with the REIN ACRE system for structuring an offer, including the cover letter and double offer strategies. Also, as a user of the REMA software and a real estate investor himself, Jody realizes that rental revenue must cover more than just the mortgage in order to achieve cash flow.

Jody also has some excellent ideas on property management.

As a first time real estate investor, Jody is a great mentor for me. I appreciate all the hand-holding he did to get me through the initial stages of fear I had with this new endeavor.

Sincerely,

Don Miller

Blackie Spit Investments

margaretcowan

REIN Member
Feb 22, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Congratulations Don!

In a short time you applied what you learned through REIN, spearheaded the creation of our Master Mind Group, networked to get a good team around you and kept going despite your fears and the inevitable ups and downs in buying your first property.

Bravo!
Margaret
www.italycookingschools.com

dwmiller

Registered
Nov 6, 2008
Vancouver
QUOTE (margaretcowan @ Jul 16 2009, 08:55 AM) Congratulations Don!

In a short time you applied what you learned through REIN, spearheaded the creation of our Master Mind Group, networked to get a good team around you and kept going despite your fears and the inevitable ups and downs in buying your first property.

Bravo!
Margaret
www.italycookingschools.com

Thank you so much for those kind and encouraging words, Margaret! I know that with the support of people like yourself, I will some day reach my Personal Belize and help others to reach theirs.

Sincerely,
Don

gregg

REIN Member
Sep 10, 2007
SUDBURY,ONTARIO
Hi Don,
I get really excited when I hear stories like yours. You will definitely reach your personal Belize and it will most likely be a lot quicker then you imagined. I realized my five year plan in 18 months and its stories like yours that inspire me to continue because it reminds me of the roots and beginning of my search for a personal Belize. Good luck the rest of the way and remember there are real experts on this forum that are ready and waiting to help. They have helped me in numerous ways and without them it would have been much more difficult and taken a lot longer.
By the way, I am on holidays and currently in Edmonton but couldn`t help but check out the REIN forum.

Greg Miller

QUOTE (dwmiller @ Jul 17 2009, 09:49 PM) Thank you so much for those kind and encouraging words, Margaret! I know that with the support of people like yourself, I will some day reach my Personal Belize and help others to reach theirs.

Sincerely,
Don

dwmiller

Registered
Nov 6, 2008
Vancouver
Hi Greg,

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement.

I just finished reading your incredible success story about how you overcame the insurmountable hurtles of your bypass surgery and the loss of your publishing career to become a highly successful real estate investor in such a short period of time. With your inspiring story, I know now that nothing will stop me in achieving my Personal Belize.

I would consider myself to be highly successful if I were to achieve half your success in twice the amount of time that it took you, despite my healthy heart and secure government job!

I hope to have the opportunity to meet you in person some day, Greg. If you are ever in the Vancouver area, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Don Miller

RobMacdonald

Registered
Oct 16, 2007
Cloverdale
Hi Don,

Congratulations! I know first hand how hard you worked towards this purchase! I will give you credit for setting your sights, and taking the methodical step-by-step approach during your purchase.

Stay on this track and you will succeed! I admire your determination!