Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My rant on frugality

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (Aneta @ Sep 1 2009, 10:01 AM) I would say that for some people lottery is more than a hobby, as it consumes their entire mindspace on `what they will do when they win` rather than coming up with constructive ways to make money and add value to society. They lead their life living in fantasy. I laugh when people at work actually sit down and meet and discuss, calculate the odds on chances of winning the lottery and organize very effectively the group pools. Imagine they applied that mind power, organization skills and motivation to actually do their job or start their own business.....

Well said.

mark186

Registered
Too continue on with this thread - today I was on the phone doing some telephone banking and asked the woman on the other end of the line where a rather large amount of money I had transferred a couple of hours ago was, and jokingly asked if she had my money and was going to spend it. She said she couldn`t spend that amount of money and I suggested that once you got going, it wasn`t that hard to spend money. Her response was "well, yeah, I guess I could buy lottery tickets or something".

This was a bank employee!! I was tempted to ask her if she knew of any good sales on soup but thought better of it.

Top Bottom