Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My Shut Up deal

JimWhitelaw

Registered
Well, my first quick turn deal is now done. I`m on a `working vacation` in Florida - my wife and kids are taking in Disney World; I`m at another Ron LeGrand event. Fortunately for me, members of my "power team" did the work of closing the deal on my behalf. (The less I do, the more I make...).

I got the property on a contract, then assigned the contract to my buyer a couple days later for $32.5K. They will put about $20K of fixes into it and should make at least another $30K. The buyer was thrilled with how the deal worked out. The renos needed were numerous but small - just a ton of little jobs to be completed, nothing major.

This deal came to me via one of my online leads. I got the email from my website about 9.00PM one night. The next morning at 9.30AM the seller had an offer in his hands and he accepted it. Two weeks later, the deals closed and everyone walked away happy.

I want to thank Tony Peters for his mentoring over the past few weeks on this deal and others. I worked hard to follow his advice and make this a Win/Win deal (actually, Win/Win/Win). Here`s what the seller had to say to me after we closed:

QUOTE I want to thank you and your company for the honest, efficient, and speedy manner you handled the purchase of my home.

With my life situation as it is I needed to sell my home, and wanted to sell it fast. Jim you made that a very elegant and stress free experience. You took care of the bank, lawyers, and all the other details. I couldn`t believe how efficiently you took care of everything, and made it all happen. I am very impressed.

During the entire process I felt I was being treated with honesty and respect and never felt pressured at any time during the negotiations. Above all else I felt you were offering me a very reasonable price for the purchase of my home without me having to stress or worry about the fixes and maintenance that needed to be done.

Another thing that truly impressed me was that it took only sixteen days from the initial contact and offer date, to the day I received my check and handed over the keys.

Once again thank-you very much for all your great work. I hope that other people who need to sell their home quickly get the opportunity to deal with respectable and efficient people like you.

I am a very satisfied customer.

It took me a long time to wrap my head around the idea that people would be willing (and happy!) to give up equity in a property and would be motivated by issues other than money, but there it is.

I have to admit I`m feeling pretty good about this right now. It`s quite a thrill to see a deal like this go through, and especially to get an email of thanks like the one above.

For those of you that are still working to get your first quick turn deal done, I want to encourage you to keep at it. Always focus on making a deal that is a solid "Win" for all parties. If you focus on performing activities that create value for yourself AND everyone you work with, you will succeed!

greg12

Registered
Congratulations Jim! Thanks for consistently sharing your experiences about what has been working or not working. I have learned a great deal from your posts. It was easy to tell that your shut up check would be in the bank fairly soon. Your story is sure to energize several of the other investors here.

neill

Airdrie, AB
REIN Member
Congrats and great sharing of their testimonial!

housingrental

Registered
Hi Jim

Can you explain in detail how you added $32K in value to this transaction?

Thanks

CarlaJohnson

Registered
Great story Jim. I remember Ron LeGrand talking about people giving up equity for convenience, and it boggled my mind. You have now seen it first hand.

Congratulations!

JimWhitelaw

Registered
QUOTE (housingrental @ Feb 28 2010, 10:47 AM) Can you explain in detail how you added $32K in value to this transaction?
Of course - through strategic application of my stunning good looks and boundless charm. Frankly, I think I`m worth a lot more, but one has to start somewhere.

housingrental

Registered
Seriously though - What the value add?
The seller being happy doing a deal they agreed doesn`t inherently equate to a beneficial arrangement.

QUOTE (JimWhitelaw @ Feb 28 2010, 06:43 PM) Of course - through strategic application of my stunning good looks and boundless charm. Frankly, I think I`m worth a lot more, but one has to start somewhere.

BrianPersaud

Registered
QUOTE (housingrental @ Feb 28 2010, 12:47 PM) Hi Jim

Can you explain in detail how you added $32K in value to this transaction?

Thanks

Hi Adam, he had the people and systems in place to find a deal and then to action to negotiate a home run win win.... found someone willing to take on the property and charged handsomely for it.

Isn`t real estate great!

TodorYordanov

Registered
Well done Jim!

Thank you for sharing your road map to success. It is much, much appreciated.

tonypeters

Registered
Congratulations Jim!

QUOTE (JimWhitelaw @ Feb 27 2010, 09:41 PM) Well, my first quick turn deal is now done. I`m on a `working vacation` in Florida - my wife and kids are taking in Disney World; I`m at another Ron LeGrand event. Fortunately for me, members of my "power team" did the work of closing the deal on my behalf. (The less I do, the more I make...).

I got the property on a contract, then assigned the contract to my buyer a couple days later for $32.5K. They will put about $20K of fixes into it and should make at least another $30K. The buyer was thrilled with how the deal worked out. The renos needed were numerous but small - just a ton of little jobs to be completed, nothing major.

This deal came to me via one of my online leads. I got the email from my website about 9.00PM one night. The next morning at 9.30AM the seller had an offer in his hands and he accepted it. Two weeks later, the deals closed and everyone walked away happy.

I want to thank Tony Peters for his mentoring over the past few weeks on this deal and others. I worked hard to follow his advice and make this a Win/Win deal (actually, Win/Win/Win). Here`s what the seller had to say to me after we closed:

It took me a long time to wrap my head around the idea that people would be willing (and happy!) to give up equity in a property and would be motivated by issues other than money, but there it is.

I have to admit I`m feeling pretty good about this right now. It`s quite a thrill to see a deal like this go through, and especially to get an email of thanks like the one above.

For those of you that are still working to get your first quick turn deal done, I want to encourage you to keep at it. Always focus on making a deal that is a solid "Win" for all parties. If you focus on performing activities that create value for yourself AND everyone you work with, you will succeed!

housingrental

Registered
I`m very disappointed that my last post was removed.

What is the concern with it and why was it censored?

Can you please put it back up with whatever wording you have a concern on changed and let me know?

Youngdue

Registered
Congratulations Jim! Way to Go!!! It is very encouraging for those of us still on the first creative/quick turn deal.

QUOTE (wgraham @ Mar 3 2010, 12:20 PM) Nice work Jim! Keep it going!

gwasser

Registered
QUOTE (JimWhitelaw @ Feb 27 2010, 09:41 PM) Well, my first quick turn deal is now done. I`m on a `working vacation` in Florida - my wife and kids are taking in Disney World; I`m at another Ron LeGrand event. Fortunately for me, members of my "power team" did the work of closing the deal on my behalf. (The less I do, the more I make...).

I For those of you that are still working to get your first quick turn deal done, I want to encourage you to keep at it. Always focus on making a deal that is a solid "Win" for all parties. If you focus on performing activities that create value for yourself AND everyone you work with, you will succeed!

Congratulations. Sounds like everybody got what they needed or wanted. Thanks for sharing.

davepeniuk

Registered
Congrats Jim! It`s nice to see you have received your "shut up" cheque!

We are in the process of buying a property, acquired due to our yellow letter campaign, in Nanaimo with $20,000 of equity in it. Sellers received our letter, have a very specific timeframe when they want to move, and didn`t want to fiddle around with Open Houses and showings and paying a Realtor commission. They get the terms and timeframe and convenience, we get built in equity on a perfect house (no work needed, shows extremely well).

I will also be attending Tony and Joanne`s workshop this coming weekend in Vancouver. Any other REIN members going to be there? Say hello!

Congrats again Jim!

Cheers,
Dave

Mitch Collins

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
Great job Jim!

I missed the Quick Turn events, but after reading that letter, I am impressed.

Good for you Sir!

Top Bottom