Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Need good Investment broker in Toronto area.

andrewi

Registered
I've finally decide to move ahead on investing but need a god mortgage broker to structure how we do this.

I am currently in a property with a legal basement apt rented out...rented for a few years now so got a taste of the good and bad of renting.

Now, I want to start a portfolio but also want to change to a another principal residence..i see 3 options:

1) Buy the new residence using equity from my HELOC, move into it and rent the current one as 2 units. - top and bsmt. problem is I cannot writeoff the interest this way. I need to know how much new property I can actually afford using how much ever rental income I can add to my regular income ( 50% or 80% whatever the lending institution allows).

2) Buy another rental using equity from HELOC on current property ( can write-off interest against new purchase and the portfolio now has 2) and increase my total income then look for a new Principal ( this will probably allow me to afford a higher mortgage)

3) By the new residence using cash for the downpayment and then go buy the 2nd rental using Heloc equity from the current property.

Might be confusing but I am hoping there is a mortgage broker in my area who can work through the various options and lets see what is the best one...

Any suggestions/ advice appreciated.

Andrew

2)

housingrental

Registered
Please send me an email through my website at www.hoffaco.com and I will connect you with a mortgage broker.

Top Bottom