Need help! Buying in BELIZE!

JasonEtheridge

Registered
Hello All, My parents are looking to buy a condo in Belize...more specifically Royal Palm VillasSan Pedro, Ambergris Caye, BelizeAnyone heard of this development?[/size] They are in love with place and a couple of local agents are pushing hard to sell them 2 units.The agents are Mark Price & Lori Purdy
Mark: 501.670.4424
Lori: 501.610.4816Has anyone heard of these agents? Maybe even dealt with them? Can anyone offer any advice or have any contacts down there who can be trusted to help my parents out?
Agents, lawyers, inspectors....etc...If you can recommend anyone please do. They got really emotional about the place and are ready to make a move...it s not I dont trust the agents down there....but its so far away and you just never know.--sizec--> Thank you all for your help and info. Cheers,Jason

JasonEtheridge

Registered
QUOTE (JasonEtheridge @ Apr 8 2009, 03:11 PM) Hello All, My parents are looking to buy a condo in Belize...more specifically Royal Palm VillasSan Pedro, Ambergris Caye, BelizeAnyone heard of this development?[/size] They are in love with place and a couple of local agents are pushing hard to sell them 2 units.The agents are Mark Price & Lori Purdy
Mark: 501.670.4424
Lori: 501.610.4816Has anyone heard of these agents? Maybe even dealt with them? Can anyone offer any advice or have any contacts down there who can be trusted to help my parents out?
Agents, lawyers, inspectors....etc...If you can recommend anyone please do. e="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">They got really emotional about the place and are ready to make a move...it s not I dont trust the agents down there....but its so far away and you just never know. Thank you all for your help and info. Cheers,Jason

Noone on this site has bought or has any experience trying to buy in Belize?

GarthChapman

Registered
Try calling the REIN office on Tuesday. They may be able to connect you with someone experienced down there.

In the meantime dig out the material that Don gave us all when he made a presentation on buying foreign property (sometime in early 2008 I think), and get a copy to your parents to get them to slow down and go through the due diligence process outlined.

jarrettvaughan

Registered
QUOTE (GarthChapman @ Apr 11 2009, 06:06 AM) In the meantime dig out the material that Don gave us all when he made a presentation on buying foreign property (sometime in early 2008 I think), and get a copy to your parents to get them to slow down and go through the due diligence process outlined.

It was called "Tropical Real Estate & Have A System For All That You Do" and it was from February 2008