Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

new Edmonton stadium downtown

margaretcowan

REIN Member
Despite my Googling on the proposed new Edmonton Oiler stadium on the edge of downtown Edmonton, I can`t get clear on if the stadium is really going ahead. The funding is up in the air. The location isn`t definite yet.

Does anyone have other info on the exact location and if it will really go ahead and when?

Thanks,
Margaret
www.italycookingschools.com

jcabral

Registered
QUOTE (margaretcowan @ Feb 8 2010, 11:47 AM) Despite my Googling on the proposed new Edmonton Oiler stadium on the edge of downtown Edmonton, I can`t get clear on if the stadium is really going ahead. The funding is up in the air. The location isn`t definite yet.

Does anyone have other info on the exact location and if it will really go ahead and when?

Thanks,
Margaret
www.italycookingschools.com

Players:
Mr. Katz - Owner of Edmonton Oilers
Northlands\City - Owner of the Rexall Arena

Northlands and Mr.Katz are currently not talking with each other. Mr Katz has hired a US consultant for the project. Mr Katz has pledged 100 million to the project amd governments is proposed to cover the remaining costs. The city/provincial politics will come into play for the extra money.

Mr. Katz has an option on the property where current Baccart Casinio is located. (10128 104 Avenue)

http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/columnists...629476-sun.html

There are no shovels in the ground or in the near future

Current Challenge: Show me the money.

The provincial/city/federal govt`s must come up with money to build the arena. The current city/provinical govt does not have any extra money in their coffers. Calgary is also looking for money to replace their saddledome.

The next provincial election is 2011, so the money should be flowing...I sure miss Ralph bucks...the arena is hard sell to people...

Top Bottom