New Investor - Hamilton/Burlington Area

ilfc

Registered
Hello everyone, thanks for all the advice spread around the other posts.

I am so fed up with seeing the money I have invested with my adviser go no where. So I know, it is time to take some control.

I am a relatively new real estate investor, I have 1 single family house in Burlington that has been rented by a fantastic family for nearly 3 years now, it turns positive cash flow, and is going great.. I am looking at learning more, and purchasing another few units this year.

I am looking for a mentor. Someone with experience that can give me a bit of guidance and get me started.

I would appreciate anyone that could lend a hand.

Looking forward to taking control of my future.

GaryMcGowan

Registered
Knowledge and education is the best place to start. Ask questions, lots of questions on the forum here and others. Connect with like minded people, educate yourself some more and be prepared to take action. You do not need to rush into an investment however you can you can jump into reading books and seeking out the right people. People that have bought properties and run a successful real estate business. Learn from their mistakes and apply what they do well to your business.

All the best

TodorYordanov

Registered
You've come to the right place!

There is so much information here and people willing to spend time to share their experiences.

It's all about having a goal and meeting the right people.

And this IS the place on-line. Offline ( the old fashion, face to face, you know like in the old days :) ) is a REIN meeting, highly, highly recommend that you attend one and see for yourself, that's where the magic is.

MemberSupport

Registered
Hi,

The next Ontario REIN meeting is two weeks away on Monday Feb 13 at 7 pm at the Pearson Convention Centre (about 10 minutes west of the Pearson Airport). By attending this meeting you will get an opportunity to see for yourself the quality of the research and presentations that REIN Members receive on a monthly basis, and perhaps even more importantly, you'll get to meet hundreds of investors that are already successfully doing what you would like to do! That's where you will find the mentors and coaches you are looking for.

Call Ron toll-free at 1-888-824-7346 for all the details.

MrHamilton

Registered
Hi ILFC,

I have an office in Burlington. Drop me an email erwin(at)mrhamilton.ca, swing by the office and I might be able to give you a tip or two. I've done a bit of investing in Burlington but now almost exclusively in Hamilton, I find the cashflow to be so much better in Hamilton than Burlington.

Cheers,

Erwin