New Investor looking for a mentor

freedom45

Registered
Hello all REIN forum users,

I am looking to buy my first property by the end of May this year. Like most of this forum users, I have read Real Estate Investing in Canada and find the book very helpful for first time RE investors. I am starting to build my team now, where I beleive the mentor has very important place.

Now a little bit abot myself. I and my wife immigrated to Canada from Europe 10 years ago. We are both professionals - my wife is pharmacist and I am an engineer (graduated in Canada). We have two children and live in Mississauga, ON. We are pretty disciplined when it comes to saving and accumulate our savings in pretyy good pace. I plan to buy our first investment property with 20% down - all personal funds, I will use money from HELOC if I need any additional funds - closing costs for example. I am thinking of investing in one of the following areas - Hamilton, the tech triangle or Milton. As helpful the book is, it can not answer all the questions while preparing to buy your first property - such as questions related to building the team, due diligence, etc. That is why, I will really appresiate if an experienced RE investor agrees to be my mentor.

In addition, I would like to form a small group (3 people) of first tme or junior RE investors that are willing to meet, let say once a month, and exchanges experience + help each other in the process of building RE portfolio. i am looking for people living in GTA, Hamilton and adjacent areas. Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks

davidajones

Registered
Congrats! sounds like you are read to go. So to quote the movie " I bought a Zoo" sometimes all you need is 20 seconds of insane courage.

Call Mark Loefller (RE Agent who focuses on Hamilton) or Mr Hamilton, or...... go see Hamilton and put in an offer. You have been a member since 2008 and it's time to spend. The agents will connect you with a good R.E. lawyer.

My only suggestion, buy something not to far from where you live you will spend lots of time just staring at it in the beginnning.

Good luck!

MrHamilton

Registered
Hello Freedom45,

My name is Erwin aka "Mr. Hamilton" if you'd like to chat, drop me an email and we can set up a call. I'd like to say I know a thing or two about investing in Hamilton and can help you build a team as well.

and a thank you to JohnAJones :)

Best,

Erwin

GaryMcGowan

Registered
Hi Freedom45,

Welcome to the forum. Like many of us on the forum we have looked at real estate as a wealth creation tool and there are some great users here that can provide some insightful information. As always ask questions, then ask some more questions. Don't feel like you have dive into the deep and right away. Take your time and make good/right decisions based on solid information.

All the best!!!

Enjoy your learning and wealth creation,

Gary

Full Time Investor | Coach | Action Taker

MarcoChim

REIN Member
Hi freedom45,

Congrats on your decision to take actions, sounds like your personal finance is in very good shape and is ready to move forward.

I purchased my first home early last year and my first rental 9 months after. Even though I'm not in GTA, but I can always discuss real estate with you from the experience I've earn along the way.

my email is at my signature.

Have a nice day!

freedom45

Registered
Thank you very much on everyone who replied. These are very good advices...in addition I find tons of useful information while I surf through the forum topics and read the different topics.

Cheers