Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Member - What event should I attend first?

micdim

New Forum Member
Hi everyone,

I'm excited to have Joined REIN. I'm also very new to Investing in Real Estate, so I'll have to start from the beginning.
My question is what event should I attend first to get me started, ACRE Live, Real Estate Investing For You Future (Tomorrow in Mississauga), or an Investment Strategy Workshop?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Micdim

Matt Crowley

REIN Member
If you have already joined start by attending the one that comes first! If you are new to investing all of these courses have value. The content for REIN is always geared to the new investor

GaryW

Registered
ACRE Live would be a great choice, as it starts from the real beginning "Economic Fundamental Research" and continues on in order of each required step to buy an investment. You will probably be overwhelmed, but at least you get to take all points home with you in ACRE binder.
ACRE now has breakout sessions for the advanced Investor!

kfort

Registered
Go to ACRE. You won't regret it. I doubt anyone has ever walked away thinking it wasn't worth it

TAMI

Registered
congratulation Micdim for becoming a member , I also started at the ACRE event

micdim

New Forum Member
Hi Gary,
Thank you for your advice. Very much appreciated, and looking forward to attending.
P.S.
I've just started reading Real Estate Investing in Canada. So far very interesting and well written. Can't wait to get started.

Thanks again Gary!

micdim

New Forum Member
Thanks to everyone for your replies, advice. I'll be looking into the next event.

Micdim

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Start with ACRE but monthly meetings will become clearer and more cohesive as you attend more. Core education is ACRE, so attend two or three. Within a year you will become a different person, especially once you have acquired an asset. Best education and incubation environment for income producing real estate in Canada.

micdim

New Forum Member
Just had my 1st Consultation, and through my research of REIN, I'm excited to say, I will be attending ACRE.

Thanks to all of you, for helping me with this 1st step

Looking forward to meeting all of you

Micdin

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
ACRE Calgary 2016 - March 5th & 6th
ACRE Toronto 2016 - April 16th & 17th
ACRE Edmonton 2016 - October 16th & 16th
ACRE Vancouver 2016 - November 5th & 6th

There will be a Monthly Meeting Workshop at each event on the Friday before ACRE. For Non members, that is a bonus and you are welcome to attend, as it is included in your ACRE Price.
http://info.reincanada.com/calgary-acre

micdim

New Forum Member
I attended the REIN workshop in Brampton last night, and I must say, I am really impressed with all the speakers, and information they presented. In the past I have attended other NON REIN workshops/seminars etc. I was never impressed with any of these, but this REIN workshop has given me the insight and motivation to push forward. It was a pleasure meeting everyone last night, and thanks for making me feel welcomed. I'm looking forward to ACRE in Toronto.

Thanks again to everyone for your wonderful replies and helpful information.

Micdim

Kir Luong

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
I would read a few books first (cheap books). The principles of investing in income properties hasn't change much. In fact, people just recycle old information and make it look new. The economics and stats might change, so REIN produces that over the course of the 17 months (recommended membership length?).

Zach Peterson

New Forum Member
REIN Member
As Kir was saying, there is no need to wait for an event to come your way, you can start reading books now! All of the Don Campbell books are great and my personal favourite is "Secrets of the Canadian Real Estate Cycle." That will get you started in the right place... The Economic Fundamentals.

Stephanie3745

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Read ALL of Don Campbells books they are a great way to get started. Enjoy...

Top Bottom