Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Quick Turn Websites - Which one do you like?

MonteDobson

Registered
Hello All,

We are in the process of re-vamping our real estate business starting with our website. The focus of these two "quick turn" sites is marketing for motivated sellers and qualified LTO buyers.

Please take a look and let me know which "theme" you like better and why...

#1 - http://www.webuysaskhomes.ca
#2 - http://www.mysaskhomes.ca

Please note: the content of the sites is currently incomplete, so please focus your attention on the color schemes, layout etc.

Thanks and I look forward to your feedback!!

L

lanedry77

Hi Monte,

Before even looking at the sites, my preference is #1. The reason is - the URL tells your visitors what the site is about *before* they even get there. You buy Saskatchewan homes. I get that. If I had a home in Sask that I wanted to sell, I would go to the site.

The other URL strikes me as being a realtor`s address. It does absolutely nothing for your target market, and might even hurt you. You have homes in Saskatchewan, and made a website about them. yippie - that doesn`t help me if I want to sell.

I also visited both, and I prefer the colours of #1 also. #2 seems too gloomy. #1 is easier to read, and less complicated.

Thanks,

David.

JimWhitelaw

Registered
I like #1 as well for most of the same reasons as David. One thing I`m wondering about is having your RTO and wholesaler info etc on the same site. For my buying site, I have deliberately kept it simple and focused: http://mrhousebuyer.ca

That may or may not be a superior approach in reality, but it made sense to me. My thinking was that I didn`t want anything there to distract a potential seller from the main message. And because of the targeted advertising I do, there is virtually no other kind of traffic to that site other than people looking to sell. Just a thought.

MonteDobson

Registered
Hi David and Jim,

Thanks for the feedback. To clarify, the webuysaskhomes site will be targeted finding motivated home sellers. And the mysaskhomes site will be targeted to help locate LTO tenant buyers.

The content is not yet final, and yes I will have 2 separate sites for sellers and buyers...more looking for feedback on the actual themes themselves.

Thanks again and Go Riders!

TodorYordanov

Registered
Totally agree with David and Jim,

I also like #1 for all the reasons listed. Essentially it is the same theme with slightly different styling and color scheme.

It is OK to use the same theme for two different websites. the header image and content will make them different. And you will be marketing the separately to different markets.

The key is in the content and the marketing. Option #1 will do for both.

Good luck,

Luke_Frerichs

Registered
Hi Monte,

I just visited your sites we are using the exact same wordpress templates it looks like. I just finished completing mine a few days ago www.homebesold.com finds my motivates sellers and www.myhomebargains.ca finds my RTO buyers. Feel free to take a look to pull some ideas off my sites.

If you want improve your sites main header/banner go on youtube.com and search for using Powerpoint to create banners, it works like a charm.

Cheers

Luke

MonteDobson

Registered
QUOTE (Luke_Frerichs @ Nov 18 2010, 12:54 PM) Hi Monte,

I just visited your sites we are using the exact same wordpress templates it looks like. I just finished completing mine a few days ago www.homebesold.com finds my motivates sellers and www.myhomebargains.ca finds my RTO buyers. Feel free to take a look to pull some ideas off my sites.

If you want improve your sites main header/banner go on youtube.com and search for using Powerpoint to create banners, it works like a charm.

Cheers

Luke
Thanks Luke - Yep it`s the same template. I am having trouble with my forms etc, so may need to pick your brain on a few things.

As for the banner, I tried using Powerpoint but couldn`t get it to save in high enough resolution, so ended up using MS Publisher. I will likely redesign with more graphics etc, but kind of wanted to keep it plain and simple. How do you adjust the width of the banner to fit the narrower pages?

Luke_Frerichs

Registered
QUOTE (MonteDobson @ Nov 18 2010, 03:11 PM) Thanks Luke - Yep it`s the same template. I am having trouble with my forms etc, so may need to pick your brain on a few things.

As for the banner, I tried using Powerpoint but couldn`t get it to save in high enough resolution, so ended up using MS Publisher. I will likely redesign with more graphics etc, but kind of wanted to keep it plain and simple. How do you adjust the width of the banner to fit the narrower pages?
Hi Monte,

When it comes to the narrower pages the banner has a cut off point. You must design your banner so it compensates this. Check out the banner on my home page www.myhomebargains.ca it is the same as the banner on my We Buy Homes (tab) http://myhomebargains.ca/?page_id=201.. Except the pictures have been cut out by the template itself..

PS. If you find out how to get rid of the "Blog Categories: Uncaterized" just below the tabs please let me know

Cheers

Luke

Yasir

Registered
Hello,
I wanted to know where I can go to set up a website to buy homes? Please advice, thanks

Yasir

larolargo

Registered
QUOTE (Yasir @ Nov 19 2010, 07:38 PM) Hello,
I wanted to know where I can go to set up a website to buy homes? Please advice, thanks

Yasir

I got mine from www.inetusa.com.

Yasir

Registered
QUOTE (larolargo @ Nov 20 2010, 12:13 AM) I got mine from www.inetusa.com.

Thank you very much, will do.

ChrisDavies

Registered
Monte, I like the first one too. One recommendation from a conversion standpoint, see if you can kill the catagories box on the right below your signup form. It`ll prevent any distraction once their eyes go over there. I`d also kil the blog posts at the bottom for now, and the `uncatagorized` label below your top navigation. This might change once you get some posts up there.

Larolargo and Yasir, he built his using the free software from Wordpress.org.

Top Bottom