Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ODOR REMOVAL

RCC

Registered
My tenant moved out of my condo and the unit has very strong cooking odor. I have aired out for several days and the smell remains. Seems to be curry and other spices permanently absorbed over time.
Any suggestions on how to remove ?
Can I have the tenant responsible for removing.

housingrental

Registered
Look up ozone services
They can likely help
Or if you can`t find check for companies that do smoking smell removal they should likely work for you

Ready4Rent

Registered
Agree, there are a number of ozone companies out there.
We had a 3 bedroom filled with a "cooking odor" that would be impossible to remove. 24hrs treament, and no cleaning
later smell was gone.

rforgiel

REIN Member
I bought a house with cooking odors. Got a good deal. I was able to get rid of the smell using Oust from SC Johnson. If that does not work ozone will be your only other alternative.

To the ozone experts; can you use this in a townhouse where there is a possibility of the ozone getting into the next unit and potentially oxidizing someones lungs.

mortgageman

Registered
If you are in Edmonton call REIN member Mike Sunley. He owns odorzap which you can visit at www.odorzap.ca
He does a bang up job!

PaulPoulsen

Registered
QUOTE (mortgageman @ Feb 13 2010, 06:43 PM) If you are in Edmonton call REIN member Mike Sunley. He owns odorzap which you can visit at www.odorzap.ca
He does a bang up job!

I`ve also used Mike and he`s great.

Not only does he do a great job, he`s a first class guy.

I can`t say enough good things about him.

dplummer

Registered
Raymond, ozoning your town home should not be a problem as each unit should be sealed off from the next (fire requirement)during construction. As a precautionary you could advise your neighbours on each side of what your doing.

Doug

BrianPersaud

Registered
QUOTE (dplummer @ Feb 14 2010, 11:24 AM) Raymond, ozoning your town home should not be a problem as each unit should be sealed off from the next (fire requirement)during construction. As a precautionary you could advise your neighbours on each side of what your doing.

Doug

I found putting an odor absorbing primer and re-painting does a fantastic job and makes the place looks great

rforgiel

REIN Member
QUOTE (dplummer @ Feb 14 2010, 09:24 AM) Raymond, ozoning your town home should not be a problem as each unit should be sealed off from the next (fire requirement)during construction. As a precautionary you could advise your neighbours on each side of what your doing.

Doug

Doug,

Thank you for the advise.

Tootse

Registered
I think boiling vinegar on the stove is also a home remedy...I think...

rforgiel

REIN Member
My martial arts instructor taught us an ancient Chinese recipe involving boiling vinegar to cleanse the air to prevent sickness during the winter months. Just like ozone attacks anything organic maybe the acid in the vinegar neutralizes odors it contacts. I have not gotten sick this winter but can not attest to its odor fighting abilities.

The recipe is:
Ban Lam Guan (3 Tien - weight of 3 quarters) - looks like ginger
3 - table spoons vinegar
1-2 cup of water
Small section of ginger root with skin
Boil in covered ceramic pot for 15 minutes
Let simmer

Do 15 minutes before a person comes
15 minutes after person leaves

Top Bottom