Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Old Appliances

realfortin

Registered
In one of my tri-plexes, the appliances are apartment sized, brown-beige and really, REALLY unattractive. Would you say that on re-rental that appliance replacement one of my 1st priorities? You can get a fridge, stove, hood fan in nice, bright white for under 1500$. What`s the general opinion? Get rid of the old ones and sell them off to the slumlords that love those things for 5$?

These apartments are all 20% below market rent(because they are in Ontratio) even for the state they are in. If I paint them, re-floor, replace the ghastly appliances and change a few light fixtures, I am sure that I can get significantly more than the 20% and get a much higher quality tenant.

Real Fortin

David90

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Modern appliances say a lot. Remember there is interior curb appeal as well. They don`t have to be very expensive appliances, just nice and clean and modern looking.

RogerPanchuk

Registered
QUOTE (realfortin @ Mar 5 2009, 07:01 AM) In one of my tri-plexes, the appliances are appartment sized, brown-beige and really, REALLY unnatractive. Would you say that on re-rental that iappliance replacement one of my 1st priorities? You can get a fridge, stove, hood fan in nice, bright white for under 1500$. What`s the general opinion? Get rid of the old ones and sell them off to the slumlords that love those things for 5$?

These apartments are all 20% below market rent(because they are in Ontratio) even for the state they are in. If I paint them, re-floor, replace the ghastly appliances and change a few light fixtures, I am sure that I can get significantly more than the 20% and get a much higher quality tenant.

Real Fortin
We have gone with Black Appliances, Seems to be a good selling feature and they cost the same.

Torontoskov

Registered
QUOTE (realfortin @ Mar 5 2009, 07:01 AM) In one of my tri-plexes, the appliances are appartment sized, brown-beige and really, REALLY unnatractive. Would you say that on re-rental that iappliance replacement one of my 1st priorities? You can get a fridge, stove, hood fan in nice, bright white for under 1500$. What`s the general opinion? Get rid of the old ones and sell them off to the slumlords that love those things for 5$?

Real Fortin

Buy the new ones! After a few repair visits that never cost less than $150 you`ll be happy you did. And considering the new ones should go 10 yr before any problems you`ll be ahead....speaking from a few expensive lessons.

Top Bottom