Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ontarios N11 - Agreement to Terminate a Tenancy

NorthernAlex

Registered
Hello World.

A tenant will sign tonight my N11. He just caused headache, didnt pay on time and complained alot that I asked him to leave. He agreed to sign a N11.

http://www.ltb.gov.on.ca/stdprodconsume/gr...el02_111574.pdf

My question to you is:

Is my knowledge correct that if he doesn`t leave on the specific date that I DON`T have to go thru the tribunal to get a sheriff to evict him? My understanding is that I can call the sheriff immediately after the move out date passed.

Or do I need to go through the eviction notice incl. tribunal, waiting time aso anyway?

Thanks for your 0.02$.

invst4profit

Registered
If the tenant does not move as agreed you still must make an application to the board to evict before going to the sheriff but you do not have to notify the tenant first.
However the tenant has the right to dispute the eviction.

Welcome to Ontario where the tenant always has the last say.

PropertySolution

Registered
QUOTE (NorthernAlex @ Jun 3 2010, 09:54 AM) Hello World.

A tenant will sign tonight my N11. He just caused headache, didnt pay on time and complained alot that I asked him to leave. He agreed to sign a N11.

http://www.ltb.gov.on.ca/stdprodconsume/gr...el02_111574.pdf

Excuse my lack of knowledge on the ins and outs of the Ontario rental processes but what is the point of the N11 form? Is it mandatory to file this first or can you just evict a problem Tenant?

Nir

REIN Member
QUOTE (PropertySolution @ Jun 3 2010, 08:46 PM) Excuse my lack of knowledge on the ins and outs of the Ontario rental processes but what is the point of the N11 form? Is it mandatory to file this first or can you just evict a problem Tenant?

with N11 you can relatively easily get an order from the board that you can take to the sheriff for eviction if tenant does not move out.

imagine what you have to go through in order to evict a tenant without N11 IF tenant does not want to leave!

There are other ways/reasons to evict a tenant (actually with N11 you usually do not have to evict as tenant leaves voluntarily) but they usually take much longer than with N11.

NorthernAlex

Registered
Sorry, my wording was misleading. The question was if I would have to wait for a hearing (and wait x weeks/months) to get him evicted.

Thats not the case. I just file to the board an within a few days (worst case) I ll get my title for the sheriff. I can live with that.

I actually wanted to pass the info to the tenant.... For his info. And did.

Anyhow I ll stop by at the mentioned homepage and have a peek this week end.

PropertySolution

Registered
QUOTE (investmart @ Jun 3 2010, 10:39 PM) with N11 you can relatively easily get an order from the board that you can take to the sheriff for eviction if tenant does not move out.

imagine what you have to go through in order to evict a tenant without N11 IF tenant does not want to leave!

There are other ways/reasons to evict a tenant (actually with N11 you usually do not have to evict as tenant leaves voluntarily) but they usually take much longer than with N11.

OK, I understand the reasoning behind it now. TY

Top Bottom