Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Paper vs .pdf

MarkLabrosse

Registered
Hi All,

Just getting set up for my business and realizing I don`t have a dedicated fax machine at home.
I was wondering if any of you are sending documents back and forth ie. offers to purchase, addendums etc.
using .pdf or other electronic formats? I read Don`s caveat about having to reread each word incase of changes but Adobe
seems quite sophisticated in this kind of thing. I just haven`t had time to fully explore it.

How about fax modems on the computer? Is anyone using this exclusively with any success?
The reality is I travel ALOT and need to set myself up to conduct business from anywhere anytime.

Also, anyone having success/info on "virtual" fax numbers ie. web storage for later retrieval?

Thanks,
Mark

jeremyfleming

Registered
Hi Mark,
I am not a fan of the whole "PDF" documentation process for negotiations. Like Don has said, if a program can be created (Adobe security) it can be "hacked" into as well.

That being said, I receive all of my faxes through Telus virtual fax (fax to email). It is inexpensive and convenient. I will generally use my computer to scan and then send faxes through that service - only because I don`t need another "machine" in my workspace! You can "fax" attachments from any computer anywhere using Telus` service, so it is very handy if you are out of town a lot. Truth is, I don`t think it really takes much longer than using a normal fax machine.

If you don`t have a scanner, you can always run down to Staples or the UPS store to send out if you don`t want another machine taking up space at home.

This will work for some, and not for others.......

Jeremy

gwasser

Registered
Hi Jeremy,

Hi went through a similar problem. I hardly use faxes, except when buying real estate or dealing with legal documents. I can not justify $13 per month, while getting faxes only once or twice a year. My solution, I bought a $108.00 dollar cheap fax at Future Store which I`ll plug in my regular phone upon being informed a fax is coming.

Just another option.

Godfried

jeremyfleming

Registered
I`m glad there are enough options to make everyone happy!

Now lets go make another offer......... :)

Jeremy

Aneta

REIN Member
I was in the same boat several months ago...I do not need more clunky equipment getting dusty, hogging up my office desk space and I am not always at my home office when a time sensitive fax is coming through... I did some research and found MyFax the most professional and affordable. I have been using them for several months, no problems. Very convenient as faxes come directly to your email and you can send faxes out from email (no need to log into some special website, although they give you that option).

Some insider information: If you sign up for the free trial, and call the `cancellation dept` right before the billing period, they may offer you a discounted service, not listed on the website. They charge you about 5$/month for receiving 50 pg/month and each page sent is $0.10/pg. I was even able to negotiate down from the $5-$6 US price, due to the exchange rate!
style_emoticons
Try calling Dominik in the cancellation/billing dept 1-866-563-9212

If anyone is interested in signing up, try calling Geoff Newton directly in Sales at (888)733-0000 extension 516. Tell him I referred you and quote code GN585644.

Regards,

Aneta Zimnicki

Top Bottom