Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Parking Stalls For Sale (In my condominium)

JBagorio

Registered
Hi all,

In the building of one of my condo unit, the builder is selling some of remaining parking stalls for $6000. They originally cost $10,000 in the beginning. I am also thinking of purchasing some in the other buildings as well. Would someone give me advice if this is a good Idea? I haven`t talked to the condo board yet but, would there be a problem based on the rules and regulation that prevents me from owning a stall in the other building? Would anyone know if this is a good deal or what? Or even if there’s anything I could be missing here.

In terms of cash flow, parking stall rents in the area between $100 - $200 depending on location and size.

Jason

realfortin

Registered
QUOTE (navaz @ Mar 23 2009, 10:20 AM) From a resale perspective -nice to have 2 parking stalls
At the very least, buy a 2nd one for each property. It does help resale a lot and you can rent it out while you own the properties. As for buying more, if you do the numbers, even at 100$ a month, it pulls in 1200$ a year, so will totally pay itself off in 5 years... there is no maintenance or electricity etc

brentdavies

Registered
Other owners may object if you are renting to people who are not residents. Outsiders with building entry keys are an issue.

DaveRhydderch

Registered
The condo board should have rules on whether this is allowed or not. Check with them. You don`t want to buy 3 stalls, and then not be allowed to rent them out.

JBagorio

Registered
Thanks Guys for your inputs. I currently own 2 stalls and renting the second one to other residents. In fact it`s been rented continously in the past 3 years... that is why I am thinking of purchasing more in my building and also in the other building as well. Some of them also comes with a storage spaces. I haven`t inquired if I could rent these out to outsiders but, for the safety of the community I only intend to rent them out to residents.

I realy think this is a very good opportunity with lots of cash flow with very little overhead. I currenly made an offer to 5 stall and tempted to buy all that is left (about 4 or 5 more).

Top Bottom