Personal Belize

jonathanb

Registered
Please forgive me if there is an area on this site where this is discussed, but i searched for some time and came up with nothing.

My wife are i are working on writing up our "Personal Belize" and i was curious to hear from some others on what yours looks like, and whether or not you've achieved it yet.

Thanks- and happy investing :)

jon

johnsu

Registered
My thought's on personal belize, is just to live a life that i'm content with. Our goals, aspirations, interest, passions will always be changing, because life is dynamic. But the end goal or result is just to be "happy" So why not have a belize of living a happy life.

Yes, I've acheived that 2 years ago, that's by appreciating what i have and and always being curious about what' life is to bring!

MikeMcC874

Registered
My Personal Belize ` 2009-09-07

We spend the winter months of the year in the Caribbean. We live in a moderate house close to the beach. From the beach we can snorkel, scuba or boat. We don`t have to work but have a small cottage rental business and rent them to tourists during the winter. We can afford to travel as well and fly the kids out for vacations. We have access to most of the technological comforts of Canada as well as a good set of local friends to socialize with.

In the summer we return to our home in BC. It too is on the coast and allows quick access to fishing and is not too far from a major center but not in one. We make a yearly trip back to Ontario to see friends and family. We both have plenty of time to spend with the kids and grandkids.

Patti runs a few half marathons a year we tie it in with our travel plans. While she is training, I ride my bike alongside most of the time. We are both in good health and I have gotten down to a good weight range and been able to maintain it.

We have achieved a sustained income similar to when Patti and I were both working but are free of the costs of paying a mortgage and car loans. Our income from rental properties, our cabins and the occasional programming contract I pick up for fun lets us live comfortably but not extravagantly.

MikeMcC874

Registered
Dec 2009 - Bought our first property. A triplex that needed more work than we expected and we have been bogged down in that a bit. We do have it stable now and have done a number of renovations and kept it full during the process. Learned a LOT from this property. Good and bad. If not for the renovations, it would be cash flowing nicely. When the winter finally gives up, I will polish it a bit more and get it re-appraised.

Sept 2010 - Began the pre-req's to do my post-grad certificate in RE appraisal. A step on the road to a profession that will give me some more flexibility in my day and year down the road.

Nov 2010 - Wife went full time at her job. This should help with the purchases.

Summer/Fall 2011 - Property #2 purchased and course #2 completed.

2012 - Feel I have enough to experience to start selling myself to JV partners.

So I supposed the answer is yes, it is on track. However a little slower/different than my grand imagination would have had it. :)

Mike