Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pest Control to Eliminate Pests, Bugs, and Small Rodents...

NJang

Registered
Hi everyone and Happy Canada Day!
I just viewed this Riddex Plus product item on an informercial and it piqued my curiosity. I have never heard of it before, but the sales pitch seemed very convincing. Has anyone ever used this item and vouch for its effectiveness?

Watch their spiel and offer any thoughts. Check it out at: www.riddexplus.com

It`s an inexpensive product and if it`s true to it`s word on being able to eliminate pests in homes/buildings etc. then it could be quite the low cost investment!

Cheers,

Norm...

REINteam

Registered
Hi Norm,

I imagine these are nothing more than a gimmick. I have dealt with various "digital pulse" pest eliminators, and in lab studies nothing happens. If these were truly useful there would be a large number of published articles in well respected scientific journals, even Nature, tauting them as the end all be all of pest control. This is simply not the case because they don`t really work. Anyone who has had good luck with such a device probably alleviated the problem by some other means without realizing it.

What pests do you have a problem with? If you are curious about one in particular let me know and I can help out.

Regards,

Ray Reuter
Real Estate Investment Network

L

lanedry77

QUOTE (REINteam @ Jul 1 2008, 01:02 PM) What pests do you have a problem with? If you are curious about one in particular let me know and I can help out.
Hi Ray,

I have a property that (I`ve recently learned) has a bit of an ant problem in the backyard. After trying the silicone dioxide dust from the hardware store, and having no sucess, the tenant started using vinegar to kill them. It works, but kills the lawn.

They have two young kids, and want something `natural`.

Any tips?

Thanks!

David.

REINteam

Registered
Hi David,

Ants can be tricky, but don`t always need to be controlled/removed. For starters you`ll want to know what type of ants you have and what exactly they do. If these ants are outside only I myself wouldn`t do a thing. For the most part you`ll have to rely on chemicals if you want anything really effective and even then it will take multiple treatments and that can still leave some around. Baits might be appropriate and some suggest borax and sugar as a "natural" bait. I would stick with the commercially available traps and they are typically safe when used correctly.

However, if they are getting in the house then I would take steps to secure points of entry...this is useful for other pests as well. Caulk around windows, check for cracks in foundation and seal up any areas that need it. Exclusion is the best first defense. Another choice is to use a semi persistent insecticide around the foundation of the home, but this would need to be done by a professional and once again involves chemicals.

A clean house never hurts either.

In the end ants are a nuisance more than anything, but are beneficial, just not so much in the urban area. I really don`t know of anything natural that is overly effective with ants that has been proven. What damage are they causing?

Regards,

Ray Reuter
Real Estate Investment Network

L

lanedry77

Thanks Ray,

That mostly confirms what I thought - it`s not a big deal, and to get rid of them will require bigger guns (not natural).

They are not entering the house, and the only damage is to the mental health (or perceived mental health) of an excellent tenant, and the odd ant bite on a resident`s leg.

I`ll monitor the situation, and let them know of the options.

Thanks again,

David.

Top Bottom