Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Peterborough RE Agent, et al

willy

Registered
Hi, I`m looking for a GREAT Real Estate agent, Building Inspector, and Property Managment company in PETERBOROUGH, Ontario. They should preferably be experienced with small multi-family, 2,3,4 plexs.

I`d also like next weeks winning loto numbers, but we`ll see how much luck I have with these three first. =)

I appreciate any assistance you can offer.

w

joewood

Registered
Hey

I`m a Trent student (on full scholarship and living with my grandparents, luckily). Peterborough is a market heavy on rental supplies due to the historically large student population, and I believe it has begun to outpace demand. The population is quickly greying, student population is stagnant, prices are inflated, industry sectors are dying etc. I`d urge caution because if you go through the Property Goldmine scorecard it becomes evident that Peterborough is in the Fall.

Beyond that cautionary note, the following is a company that I saw manages the property one of my friends lives in:

http://www.managementgroup.net/

I see you`re from Cambridge. If you have the opportunity, take a look at the Hamilton, Brantford, London, Woodstock region. Analyzing it for fundamentals yields VERY impressive potential for the next few years. The cash flows you can generate from the undervalued properties in these areas is awesome, and a lot of stuff is coming online, e.g. the Toyota Woodstock Plant. My Dad and I own in downtown Brantford. In the last 9 years, the student population at Brantford Laurier has gone from 80 students to 2000 and there`s a shortage of over 200 housing spots; vacancies are really really low. Anyways, friendly food for thought.

Good luck

Joe

joewood

Registered
Oh, and as for real estate agent, I`d recommend

http://www.elaineemery.com/

This recommendation is not based on personal experience. She is the agent many of my family members have used, and all have reported complete satisfaction. She moves a lot of volume, so you`re not getting a lameass hobby agent. She`s quick, thorough and dedicated.

scanner

Registered
For properties in Peterborough and surrounding area, I have used Prestige Home Inspections, at 740-3593. Blair Wraight comes from a family which was affiliated with Peterborough Area real estate for a couple of decades. I find him to be very honest, trustworthy, and capable as a building inspector.

All the best,

Mark F. Scanlon

Top Bottom