Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Port of Prince Rupert

HaydenGreen

Registered
As a Novice Real Estate Investor I am always looking for indicators set to buoy the economy around the area that I live. Prince George especially. With all the recent turmoil happening in the states, the higher cost of goods and materials for export from Canada, I believe its a great opportunity for Canadians to solidify a greater relationship with asia. China and India are posed to be the next superpowers(and are well on their way) China has yet to purchase a stake in the Tarsands, and with the world getting hungrier for oil, Canadians should enjoy a financial windfall from `unconventional oil.` With the states being Canadas `big brother` they usually get a say when other countries have an interest in our Oil fields. But with the U.S. economy being as it is, I believe the Canadian government will increase trade with China alot more than in previous years. Oil can be shipped down the pipeline from ft Mac, not to mention the immerging Tar Sand projects underway in Sask, to Edmonton, then on the way to Prince Rupert. With increased trade to China, maybe it will help out the failing logging industry. Wood from Pine Beetle trees, liquified natural gas etc. Canada is a virtual hotbed for goods and materials needed by this industrious country. As Don had mentioned in the newsletter, alot of newspapers are crying doom and gloom. I can actually see a positive spinoff from the crisis in the states.

Top Bottom