Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Prepping for Toronto`s ACRE Weekend

CarlaJohnson

Registered
If you are attending the ACRE weekend in Toronto, I have put together some tips for you. Honestly, you will really enjoy the weekend and leave full of ideas and inspiration.

The entire weekend is spent in the large ballroom at the Pearson Convention Centre and everyone sits at large tables of 6-7. The seating is open, you can sit with friends or look forward to meeting new ones.

You will receive an ACRE binder and fill it up with information hand-outs throughout the weekend. Don Campbell and the REIN Team will be working their hardest to get the best information into your hands in the time given. There will also be several resources that you can purchase.

Pearson Convention Centre is right off Hwy. 407. It is easy to identify as it has elaborate decor on the roof and outdoor lights. The workshop will begin right away each morning and may go a little late each evening.

Here are my tips on what to bring: (Yes, "bring" with a "g")

1. Arrive early to register and get settled in. Registration starts at 7:30 am & the sessions begin at 8:30. The parking is free, but there is only one entrance/exit, so leaving requires patience from ALL of us.
2. Bring a jacket or sweater as the room temperature can fluctuate. Most people dress sharp, but casual.
3. Bring along snacks & drinks since you can`t purchase anything at the Centre.
4. Lunches - You can bring your lunch each day and use the time to acquaint yourself with new friends or go out. There are several restaurants a short drive from the Centre.
5. Bring along your business cards, or make a quick one for the weekend. Include your name, location & contact info. Be sure to put something personal on it (favourite quote, picture, area of expertise...) to help people distinguish you from the other cards they will receive over the weekend. You will meet a lot of people who you may wish to keep in contact with in the future.
6. Bring a good note pad, calculator, pen and highlighter.
7. Throw in some small post-it notes to tag pages you intend to re-read after the weekend.
8. If you have any books written by Don Campbell, bring them along and get him to sign them for you.
9. Come well-rested, prepared to learn a LOT.

Take some time and think about what you hope to learn about real estate investing at this weekend and where you want to go in your life. It helps if you come with questions and a personal agenda.

This may sound a little late-night-infomercial-ish, but this weekend will have a big impact on your life`s direction. You will see your possibilities in a whole new way and you won`t be able to look back.

See you there!

Carla

TodorYordanov

Registered
IMHO this is the most important one.

QUOTE (CarlaJohnson @ Apr 14 2010, 10:01 PM) Take some time and think about what you hope to learn about real estate investing at this weekend and where you want to go in your life. It helps if you come with questions and a personal agenda.

Carla

JimWhitelaw

Registered
Carla, excellent post! This will be really helpful for people. I have one to add:

Bring a staple puller because all the handouts are stapled together but what you really want is to place them in your binder and you can`t flip through the pages if they are still stapled together.

JohnS

Registered
QUOTE (JimWhitelaw @ Apr 15 2010, 11:06 AM) Carla, excellent post! This will be really helpful for people. I have one to add:

Bring a staple puller because all the handouts are stapled together but what you really want is to place them in your binder and you can`t flip through the pages if they are still stapled together.

I know at the ALIFE weekend, my brother was the most popular one at the table....he brought a holepunch, and a lot of the handouts hadn`t been previously punched!

Have a good one, all!

JohnS

markl

Registered
Thanks Carla,

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Regards,

CarlaJohnson

Registered
Great tips guys!

Looking forward to seeing all my great REIN friends and making lots of new ones!

Cheers!

nadjam123

Registered
Hi everyone,
I just came back from the ACRE Weekend event. What an incredible amount of information that came my way. My head is spinning with ideas and I`m totally pumped to go out and purchase my next property.

I also became a REIN member, so am looking forwarding to learning from all of the more advanced investors out there.

Cheers!
Nadia

JoeRagona

Registered
QUOTE (nadjam123 @ Apr 18 2010, 08:18 PM) Hi everyone,
I just came back from the ACRE Weekend event. What an incredible amount of information that came my way. My head is spinning with ideas and I`m totally pumped to go out and purchase my next property.

I also became a REIN member, so am looking forwarding to learning from all of the more advanced investors out there.

Cheers!
Nadia

Way to go Nadia and welcome!!!

I too enjoy these events so much as I get to meet so many of you sitting at the REMA booth. I receive so many interesting views on investing while I`m analyzing people`s properties it amazes me how much I can learn at every event (even after being at a few of them.)

So don`t let this be your last one, as the network you begin to create is the most important thing!

Thanks to everyone for coming by and saying hi!

Nice dress today Carla!!! You lived up to your end of the bargain

Top Bottom