Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

project management fees

fisher1

Registered
What is a resonable amount to pay for property management? Do you pay a flat rate or a percentage of rent?

JBagorio

Registered
QUOTE (fisher1 @ Nov 15 2010, 04:25 PM) What is a resonable amount to pay for property management? Do you pay a flat rate or a percentage of rent?

Usually most PMs charges the standard 10%, but I would pay more for good service... I have worked with someone on a flat rate basis before, but I prefer the percentage of rent instead given the flactuation of rent income. Besides it makes the PM think twice in over lowering rent price in terms of desperation.

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
It depends on the type and size of the property. For a single family home, up through 5 - 10 units, 10% is most common. If you have a highrise with hundreds of units, you could be as low as 3%.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (fisher1 @ Nov 15 2010, 05:25 PM) What is a resonable amount to pay for property management? Do you pay a flat rate or a percentage of rent?
10-12% for single units plus sometimes a re-lease fee of up to one month rent
6-10% for 4-plex
6-9% for 8 plex
5-8% for 12 plex
4-7% for 20 plex
4-6% for 40 plex
3 to 4.5 % for 100 plex
3 to 4% for 100+ plex

you pay on the upper end if ugly property, bad area or high vacancies .. or far away from major urban center !

you pay on the lower end if stabilized, pristine, easy to manage or great area of town with low vacancies !

You sometimes pay a fee of up to 15% for major upgrade items like a roof or hallway carpets or new windows as supervision of these larger capital projects takes time and expertise to select and then supervise a team of contractors !

You also sometimes pay extra for photocopying charges, travel expenses, telephone charges or year end accounting

fumbrunner

Registered
QUOTE (fisher1 @ Nov 15 2010, 05:25 PM) What is a resonable amount to pay for property management? Do you pay a flat rate or a percentage of rent?

You get what you pay for. If you are looking specifically in Winnipeg, I could give you some advice. Typically range from 6% to 12% in winnipeg.

Top Bottom