Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Projections for 2009

retiredby50

Registered
I`ve been listening to the CD,s and if I`m understanding Don correctly, the information was telling us that 2008 would be a down year around here, which has proven bang on. I also seem to remember him saying that 2009 was expected to take off again and be a growth year. I believe that was said before all hell really broke loose down south.

Just wondering if a) I have that right and b) does it look like that predictition will hold, or is 09 slated to be a down year again.

Just trying to take the temperature here a bit.

Comments welcome

Keith

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
It is a bit of a general question for sure as each market will perform different to the others.

However 2009 doesn`t look as strong as was first projected, (although the IMF came out last week to state that Canada would be the only G7 country to avoid recession in 2009).

BC & Alberta will see more of 2009 resurgence than will Ontario (especially in the automotive-centric centers). That being said, Conference Board of Canada and others are still saying that 2009 will be better than 2008, but only slightly.

Key is to buying regions where population continues to grow, jobs are more diverse, incomes are growing --- hmmmmm sounds an awful lot like the goldmine scorecard regions.

Yes the system works in both good and poor market conditions!

Top Bottom