Proper Insurance Coverage with Beneficial Owner

lewatson

Registered
Aug 30, 2007
I recently put the paperwork in place to make my corporation the beneficial owner of a property held in my personal name. I am the registered owner (remain on title) and the corporation is the beneficial owner. The lease is in the corporations name.

I currently have insurance under my personal policy because title is
held in my name. The insurance company won't add the corporation as a
"also named as" (if that's the correct term).

I read the thread below which I interpret to mean only the personal insurance policy is needed. I'm still not clear what exposure the corporation has and what insurance is needed.

(http://myreinspace.com/search/rein_members_only/Joint_Venture/88-21270-105428-Joint_Venture_Insurance_Beneficiary.html#105428)

I'd be very appreciative to have some insight or direction as to what insurance coverage I need to have in place to protect the property (fire, damage, etc) as well as myself and the corporation (liability).

Thanks.

lewatson

Registered
Aug 30, 2007
Two guys that ROCK:

Garth Chapman - always there to help out when things turn crazy. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Bryan Fitzpatrick - Park Insurance - rescued the day even though circumstances don't enable me to take a policy with them. Bryan exemplifies many times over their motto "Service You'll Love, Trust We'll Earn". Can't say enough good things about my experience and how he went above an beyond.

Lesson learned - don't use Royal Sun Alliance (RSA) when you have a registered owner/beneficial owner situation.