Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Property Management Company in Saskatoon, Sask.

melliot

Registered
Looking to find a good Property Management company in Saskatoon. Anyone know of any that I can evaluate?

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Hi,

I haven`t used any property managers in Saskatoon, however as with any property manager, you do want to complete some due diligence before you hand over your `cash flow babies` to them. This post should help you with that.

I recommend that you interview at least three. Tell them your current portfolio, your planned portfolio and your time lines. Then ask them the key question

Question #1 `What do YOU think of today`s rental market in ********(town)?

This is a great question to see if they are going to be providing you, the future, with excuses or if they are going to provide you with solutions (i.e tenants). We`re all pretty tired of hearing excuses that the market has `slowed down` or `too busy` The reality is that in any market conditions there are renters (i.e customers for your rental product) their job is to attract those customers not to hope they show up. NO EXCUSES!

Question #2: What is your typical marketing plan to attract tenants. You`re looking for someone who is creative and doesn`t just place a couple of ads in the paper and hope for the best. Ask to see samples of a couple of ads they have running right now so you can see what they do (rather than what they say). By the way, listing it on their own web-site is a bit of a waste unless they get THOUSANDS of visitors per week and they are rated in the Top 10 of google.

Question #3 "What company does most of your renovations and do you have any affiliation with them or do you get a fee from them for the business?" A good way to see if they are going for competitive bids on your property repairs.

I also recommend that you use the Quick Search button (top left of this page) to search for other property manager / property management discussion threads as well as Saskatoon or Saskatchewan discussions as I know these conversation are also going on elsewhere on this site.

Trust this helps!

melliot

Registered
QUOTE (DonCampbell @ Nov 9 2007, 01:49 PM) Trust this helps!

Does help very much! Thanks a lot Don
style_emoticons

3Girls

Just a couple of quick points re Saskatoon - although you likely know this if you are looking for a PM.
- we have had properties here for over 3 years
- during that time we have had a number of openings for various reasons
- absolutely no problem in getting good, well qualified tennants regardless of the time of year
- we have acted as our own PM - using newspaper, online ads and lawn signs for advertising
- the current vac rate in Saskatoon is around 2% basically 0
- I would look close at PMs that really work hard on keeping up your property - both in the physical sense and in good renters
- it should be easy for them to get renters in - the question will be getting the right type of renters and what are they doing to keep them happy
- keeping them happy is what we have concentrated on - (even more so with the ideas gained at the Edmonton quickstart)

Hopes this helps a little.

Maurice Roberge

Nicola

Registered
We have one property in Saskatoon managed by Saskatoon Real Estate Services.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

mcmaz

Registered
I`ve got a friend who manages properties in Saskatoon and does an exceptional job. they are a fairly small operation but take great pride in the properties they own and manage. If you haven`t found one yet feel free to mail me and I can put you in contact with him.

tkehman

Registered
QUOTE (mcmaz @ Dec 9 2007, 01:32 PM) I`ve got a friend who manages properties in Saskatoon and does an exceptional job. they are a fairly small operation but take great pride in the properties they own and manage. If you haven`t found one yet feel free to mail me and I can put you in contact with him.

Hi,

Would be interested in contacting this PM. thanks..Tke

tkehman

Registered
QUOTE (mcmaz @ Dec 9 2007, 02:32 PM) I`ve got a friend who manages properties in Saskatoon and does an exceptional job. they are a fairly small operation but take great pride in the properties they own and manage. If you haven`t found one yet feel free to mail me and I can put you in contact with him.
Hi,
Sorry to bother you again - could you please reprovide me with the contact for this pm here in saskatoon - we have since purchased a property here and just took possession. Can you comment on their rates, etc also?
Sorry ,I believe you had sent this to me but i can`t find the posting?!!
tke

Top Bottom