Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Property Management Software

Savard

Registered
This is to detail my experience with my trial of the property management software, Landlord Enterprise. I would not recommend it.

1. It always hangs. I spend more time waiting for pages to load up or restarting the program and/or computer. For example, the tab for the batch rents take 20-30 minutes to load up, and while waiting, the program goes from not responding to working in and out. Same thing for computing late rents, etc. etc.

2. It is not flexible enough. For example, I cannot collect rent earlier than when the lease starts, which is common practice for me, i.e. the tenant moves in 1-2 days before the start of the lease. So, I end up having to change the start date of the lease and then collect the payment and then change the start date of the lease again, which takes up a lot of time. Another example... if I move out a tenant, I cannot collect rent from them anymore. My tenants give me 30 days notice at least, so I still have one more collection to do before they end their--fonto:Consolas--> lease, and the program does not allow me to do that. And if I keep the tenant in the program, if I find a new tenant to move in, which theoretically I should find before the previous tenant moves out, I cannot load up the new tenant`s information until I move out the old tenant. Another example is, based on the Alberta Residential Act, when the lease expires, it automatically renews on a month to month basis. In the program, as soon as the lease expires, I cannot collect rent anymore from that tenant, and there is no way to over-ride it.

3. I cannot find out quickly who hasn`t paid the rent until the rent is already late. This is quite useless as a management tool for me, because a pro-active landlord, will ran after the rents, before they are due. Also, there is no where in the system where I can record the PDC checks I have on file, and consequently... I cannot quickly determine who I ran after for tenants whose PDC checks are not with me for the incoming month. If I ran after the rents only after they are due, then it is already too late.

4. When I move out a tenant, the whole lease information is erased, which is the whole point a having of a database - to record these important information about the tenant`s lease, even if they are past tenants.

5. When I send emails, it does not document the email I sent.

I haven`t even checked the mailmerge/documents portion of the program yet, nor the tab on miscellaneous rents and I am already disappointed.

I paid for your software for $270 USD and spent two full days turning over all my data to the database. I really wanted it to work, and I really tried to figure out each way it could work. But after several frustrating late nights where I had to reboot my computer several times, I gave up...

My database now, ACT, is not made particularly for property management. So, --/fonto-->it`s far from perfect. But at least, it`s reliable.

Furthermore, when I asked for my money back because the software is defective and hangs all the time, the software developer didn`t give me a refund and sort of "insulted" me that I dont know how to read his documentation (which I did, which didn`t help).

Just want to post this out there, so others wont waste their time on this software.

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
There are many PM software products that offer fully functional free trials... some 30 days, and a couple I have seen 60 days.

Try some of these for one or two buildings. If you have a small portfolio, Navaz Murji, I think, uploaded a simple spreadhseet here that is free for members. It is great for anyone with just a few doors, although it is only an accounting program. Tenant management will have to be done with another program.

Top Bottom