Background Image

Q3 Economic Drivers Stats - Kelowna

Discussion in 'BC News' started by Carla Reis, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Carla Reis

Carla Reis Inspired Forum Member REIN Member

2. ThomasBeyer

ThomasBeyer Senior Forum Member REIN Member

Tread carefully. Much of the real estate gain has already happened. Tough to find cash flow to hold with 25% down.

Sent from my iPad using myREINspace

Carla Reis likes this.
  3. CorySperle

CorySperle Frequent Forum Member REIN Member

With mostly service based jobs I question the household income stats. Of note is the amount of multi starts, a classic sign of overbuilding.

Carla Reis likes this.
  4. Carla Reis

Carla Reis Inspired Forum Member REIN Member

Indeed all good points Cory and Thomas.
    Luckily we bought our properties before the prices went crazy but who knows what future will bring. (If someone would’ve told me few years ago that Vancouver would be selling 1 bed condos for 1 Mio I would definitely question their sanity)
    Higher interest rates, new mortgages restrictions, the government talking about increasing taxes, etc ... so we are experiencing uncertainty thats for sure.
    Note: These stats are just information and not a recommendation by any means.

Sent from my iPad using myREINspace

5. Matt Crowley

Matt Crowley Senior Forum Member Registered

@CorySperle interested on your thoughts on this...

Kelowna Office: vacancy Q2 2017 down to 8.78% from 9.08% Q42016 in a universe of 3.7 million SF. Rents up $2 PSF. There is 130,000 SF in the pipeline, a 3.5% increase in supply. How much more are you willing to pay for land given these economics?

Kelowna Retail: Vacancy Q2 2017 down to 3.41% from 5.56% Q4 2016 in a universe of 6.2 million SF. Rents up $3 PSF. There is 104,000 SF in the pipeline, 1.7% increase in supply. How much more are you willing to pay for land given these economics?