Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quick Turn Real Estate School

hassan88

Registered
Hi,

I am interested in attending Ron LeGrands quick turn real estate event held in Toronto this October. I am wondering if some members can give me some feedback if you have attended the event in the past. What did you think about the event? Have the strategies worked for you? Would you recommend it? etc. Thanks

Hassan

P.S If anyone wants to go to the Quickturn and/or Seller financing and only pay $2497(for two people) for both events contact me at [email protected].

RedlineBrett

Registered
QUOTE (hassan88 @ Aug 10 2010, 07:58 PM) Hi,

I am interested in attending Ron LeGrands quick turn real estate event held in Toronto this October. I am wondering if some members can give me some feedback if you have attended the event in the past. What did you think about the event? Have the strategies worked for you? Would you recommend it? etc. Thanks

Hassan

No one wants to post a bad review of a REIN-backed presentation on here. I haven`t taken the course to comment on specifics but I know that in my market there just aren`t enough motivated sellers with equity to make a business out of quick turn real estate. From what I`ve seen the only people getting anywhere are those doing a lot of RTOs and we won`t know if they made any money until 2 or 3 years from now.

CarrieKoch

Registered
QUOTE (RedlineBrett @ Aug 12 2010, 10:14 AM) No one wants to post a bad review of a REIN-backed presentation on here. I haven`t taken the course to comment on specifics but I know that in my market there just aren`t enough motivated sellers with equity to make a business out of quick turn real estate. From what I`ve seen the only people getting anywhere are those doing a lot of RTOs and we won`t know if they made any money until 2 or 3 years from now.

As someone how was very, very frustrated after the Quick Turn School I would say that we NOW very pleased with the results. We had to be patient, tweak the system to our budget, and work our butts off to get a good team in place. It wasn`t easy at all.

We definitely wouldn`t have done the deals we did without learning the methods. We`d probably still be waiting for a realtor to find us a property and trying to figure out how we`d pay for it.

Our successes include:
1. $10,000 made on renovating and flipping a house - in under 4 weeks
2. Purchase of a triplex with seller financing and sweat equity. This property pays us $900 a month and our projected return over 5 years will be about $100,000
3. Sandwich lease option, no money down...huge return.

We`ve purchased 3 houses privately just in the last 2 months and have another one on the table right now. Because of the successes of our private marketing and the deals I`ve acquired I now have 2 joint venture partners.

jseib

Registered
I have to say REIN at least so far has been very accommodating of any negative statements I`ve made, although it can be dangerous to call out someones favorite guru
The only fault I can really find is that the presentations are sold in a very hyped sales letter format that makes every event seem like it will be world view altering when it is merely educational... I really wish they would drop that format..

Like any presentation maybe 1-2% will go out and use the information successfully... I`ve listened to Ron`s presentation and I`ve seen many REIN members try to make use of the information.. I`ve only seen 2 or 3 come back and claim success though. But even in their cases it`s only been 1-3 properties in what 1 year? That`s nothing to shake a stick at but not enough to do quick turn as a job.

To those that do it successfully my hat goes off to you... But I do wonder how many would have attended if the RLG seminar sales letter was honest about the level of success students actually attain.. I know it works.. Just not as advertised.

Jeffrey2144

New Forum Member
Registered
QUOTE (CarrieKoch @ Aug 12 2010, 10:38 AM) As someone how was very, very frustrated after the Quick Turn School I would say that we NOW very pleased with the results. We had to be patient, tweak the system to our budget, and work our butts off to get a good team in place. It wasn`t easy at all...

Carrie... if I hear you correctly then you mean you actually had to WORK HARD and DO SOMETHING to achieve success??? That`s weird!!! Who actually does THAT???

THE ANSWER: Less than 5%. That`s why you will not find a long trail of successful "quick-turners".

Let`s face it... we are all looking for the magic bullet that`s going to get us rich overnight. Ron LeGrand happens to do a GREAT job of packaging, selling and serving this to us on a silver platter. He definitely uses the hard sell approach when us "REINster`s" are use to the soft sell approach.

I think the key thing to remember is that whether it`s the hard sell (Ron LeGrand) or soft sell (REIN) approach the underlying information is extremely valuable. More so, it`s what you do with the information obtained that is by far the most important (i.e. take action).

I feel that Ron`s course gets discredited because he hypes it up and leads you to believe that you will acheive overnight success (he actually states "within 90 days") if you just follow a few simple steps. He sells it this way because it`s easier for the masses to digest.

Do you really think he would be as successful as an information marketer if he stood on stage and said:

"The information I am going to teach you is extremely valuable but it will not make you rich unless you are willing to commit to it and put in a lot of hard work. That`s right... commitment and hard work. AND, for the few of you willing to do this there will also be failures before the victories. But, if you work through those failures and tweek my system to suit your budget, abilities and target market THEN you will start to see some positive results. And one more little P.S... you actually will need to invest some of your own money into this because marketing, website creation, business cards, lawn signs, yellow letters, stamps, call answer services (PATLive), etc. actually do cost money."

P.P.S. How much money you ask? If you break Ron`s rules and try to be a D.I.Y`er then I`d budget at least $1,000/month (on the low end). Realistically I`d plan for $2,000/month.

Jeffrey2144

New Forum Member
Registered
Ooops... I forgot the point of my last post. Congratulations Carrie -- Nice Work!!!

CarrieKoch

Registered
QUOTE (jvarcoe @ Aug 13 2010, 09:33 AM) Ooops... I forgot the point of my last post. Congratulations Carrie -- Nice Work!!!

Hey Jeff, It was guys like you and Gary McGowan and Ray Reuter that urged me to continue and knock down my barriers. So thank you!

Attending the course was so worthwhile and valuable and taught me to look at buying properties differently. I don`t really use a realtor because I have a lot of good deals just come to me. I don`t have to fight over them with other investors because I get first go...and I love that. I would pay to attend the course all over again! But I didn`t need the yellow letter or PAT Live. I didn`t need to spend a lot of money to achieve the results. And I think that`s one issue I have with Ron is that he hypes up all those other things that you don`t really need to spend money on, at least not in the beginning when you have none. But perhaps it`s different because I`m in the business of renting houses so I draw traffic to my website just running my business.

The masters program is what I have more issue with and the hype around it. I`d love to know how other masters made out with the mentoring and program and was that worthwhile.

housingrental

Registered
I have to say REIN at least so far has been very accommodating of any negative statements I`ve made, although it can be dangerous to call out someones favorite guru smile.gif

They are... But even REIN has its breaking point and the plug has been pulled on my commentary awhile ago ):

jseib

Registered
LOL well you are an obvious trouble maker.. Bursting all our bubbles with well thought out logical answers.. Gets annoying sometimes

hassan88

Registered
QUOTE (jvarcoe @ Aug 13 2010, 06:31 AM) Carrie... if I hear you correctly then you mean you actually had to WORK HARD and DO SOMETHING to achieve success??? That`s weird!!! Who actually does THAT???

THE ANSWER: Less than 5%. That`s why you will not find a long trail of successful "quick-turners".

Let`s face it... we are all looking for the magic bullet that`s going to get us rich overnight. Ron LeGrand happens to do a GREAT job of packaging, selling and serving this to us on a silver platter. He definitely uses the hard sell approach when us "REINster`s" are use to the soft sell approach.

I think the key thing to remember is that whether it`s the hard sell (Ron LeGrand) or soft sell (REIN) approach the underlying information is extremely valuable. More so, it`s what you do with the information obtained that is by far the most important (i.e. take action).

I feel that Ron`s course gets discredited because he hypes it up and leads you to believe that you will acheive overnight success (he actually states "within 90 days") if you just follow a few simple steps. He sells it this way because it`s easier for the masses to digest.

Do you really think he would be as successful as an information marketer if he stood on stage and said:

"The information I am going to teach you is extremely valuable but it will not make you rich unless you are willing to commit to it and put in a lot of hard work. That`s right... commitment and hard work. AND, for the few of you willing to do this there will also be failures before the victories. But, if you work through those failures and tweek my system to suit your budget, abilities and target market THEN you will start to see some positive results. And one more little P.S... you actually will need to invest some of your own money into this because marketing, website creation, business cards, lawn signs, yellow letters, stamps, call answer services (PATLive), etc. actually do cost money."

P.P.S. How much money you ask? If you break Ron`s rules and try to be a D.I.Y`er then I`d budget at least $1,000/month (on the low end). Realistically I`d plan for $2,000/month.

Great feedback Jeff.

Realistically if it was that easy to make quick money, I don`t think anyone would follow REINs method. RLG information is just another tool in your arsenal and you apply it where you see fit. RLG teachings are a great way to generate more SEED CAPITAL as Peter Kinch puts it but its not going to work every time. You might be able to get rich quick but it takes time to build wealth and thats why REIN has one of the best systems in place. It teaches you how to build substantial wealth over time.That being said, I will still go to the Quick Turn event in Toronto.
Thanks for your feedback everyone.

Hassan

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (hassan88 @ Aug 13 2010, 04:13 PM) ..That being said, I will still go to the Quick Turn event in Toronto.
Thanks for your feedback everyone.
While I do not do quick-turns .. I tremendously enjoyed RLG`s teachings: funny, blunt, effective, insightful, full of 30+ year experience .. no holds barred.

Yes, he is a great sales person and things in the real world are more complicated than depicted, you will take away at least 4 or 5 very valuable lessons. When applied in the "frozen tundra" (aka Canada) you will come away a more knowledgeble real estate investor.

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (housingrental @ Aug 13 2010, 08:11 AM) They are... But even REIN has its breaking point and the plug has been pulled on my commentary awhile ago ):
Ya true enough Adam, I don`t know if its your persistence or likeability but you`re still around.
I for one have always considered your `commentary` thought provoking and... well a little controversial at times but its hard to have an intense dislike of a guy like you at least not for long

Oh yes and to the OP: RLG is very informative, experienced, blunt, humerous, and educational. I`ve often thought the Quick Turn seminar is worthwhile for the entertainment value alone.
You will
walk away with at least one or two techniques you can use.

gwasser

Registered
QUOTE (EdRenkema @ Aug 15 2010, 04:11 PM) Ya true enough Adam, I don`t know if its your persistence or likeability but you`re still around.I for one have always considered your `commentary` thought provoking and... well a little controversial at times but its hard to have an intense dislike of a guy like you at least not for long

Oh yes and to the OP: RLG is very informative, experienced, blunt, humerous, and educational. I`ve often thought the Quick Turn seminar is worthwhile for the entertainment value alone.
You will
walk away with at least one or two techniques you can use.

True for many good courses, you will still need the opportunity to apply what you learn. After reading books (including Don`s) I convinced myself to do the ACRE weekend and become a REIN member. It took me at least 6 months to apply some of the stuff. Only by doing will you learn those concepts (they will become ingrained) and that may take many years.
-
There is a difference between understanding the theory and actually applying the stuff. It is now, nearly 3 years later, that I become confident in applying REIN`s guidelines. I have always been a numbers` guy but you truly get a feeling for the REIN concepts by trying it one mistake at a time.

Don`t forget many of the rules and guidelines are generalities. For example, when living in Calgary it was hard between 2005 and 2009 to find `REIN properties` and I thought I did something wrong. I have always focused on cash flow, but valuating the properties ala REIN took a fair bit of practice and conditions in Calgary were not really fitting that well with REIN`s criteria until only lately.

That hasn`t stopped me from buying, but I always felt that I missed something. Now, after I became a Realtor, being an investor for much longer and after a lot of studying (here on the forum and through books) while doing numerous APODs over a timespan of several years, only now does it start to click.

So don`t expect results right away, just ad the ideas to your toolbox and one day, you`ll be able to use it. Then, in the blink or in two blinks of your eyes you will have earned the money you did spend on the course back. Maybe I am a slow learner, but somehow I doubt that. So I guess my experience is probably similar to that of many on this forum.
(I like emoticons),

BTW, The same happened upon finishing my geology degree at university. Only after many years did I become confident that I mastered many aspects of the profession. However, that did not stop me from becoming a geologist upon graduating. If I hadn`t how would I ever become good at it?

neill

Airdrie, AB
REIN Member
QUOTE (CarrieKoch @ Aug 13 2010, 08:16 AM) The masters program is what I have more issue with and the hype around it. I`d love to know how other masters made out with the mentoring and program and was that worthwhile.

Lynda and I have been asked this question more than once, and we boiled it down to one answer: Yes, worthwhile. Expensive, but worthwhile....

1) We certainly proved that by working the 12 methods of marketing there were sellers out there with houses that were worth looking at. Without our mentor, we would likely not have run as hard at starting up the machine.... That said, mentor was probably not as accurate a word, more like cheerleader and coach, but again we are happy with where it got us ---> started
2) We met some great folks as a result of the programming - the networking opps have been great, and definitely kept us going.

Seeing our initial results vs our last 60 days, the April meeting was good timing for some refresh and fine-tuning.

We are heading to Vancouver for another masters` session this week....

Hope that helps!

On another note, not many of the masters from our area are active on these forums either.....

fhabib

Registered
It is not easy to say a quick yes when it comes to this question with RLG course; was it worth it?

I thought a lot about it and my two cents are:

• Great course to open up your mind to beyond the conventional way of investing
  • quite expensive compared to what you get and comparing it to REIN courses
  • there is a lot of hype in the course; material will be presented in a way that it it is quite easy, the deals are everywhere, you can make a living out of this quite easily and the less you do the more you gain. You will discover quickly that all these are quite inaccurate
  • lots of selling in the course
  • some marketing techniques presented, mainly the yellow letters, will be presneted as proven techniques and will work 99.9% of the time, many people used them and they are not the best, there are specific posts re yellow letters, a must read ... results for many were not great at all, me included.
  • many of what you will hear you will have to tweak to adapt to the canadian market despite confirmations that all the techniques work 100% in canada
  • Funny presenter and defenitly you will smile many times from the jokes presentedfrom my experience, my personal opinion is that less than 1% of the course attendees will actually have success applying most of the techniques, these 1% will have spent a lot of effort, money and time to find a way to make this work in canada. Very different than REIN courses where any investor with decent and appropriate amount of due diligence and effort can apply the concepts successfullyThe right mindset to have if you want to go to this course is it is an advanced course to add some techniques to your toolbox, these techniques will not make the huge bulk of your business but will enrich your knowledge and experience of what is possiblemy experince if you would like to buy the mentor package is that it is not worth it. I agree with some of the other posts, more than a cheerleadertreat my feedback as one voice of many, hear others and ask a lot of people. My statements are just my honest feedback, others might have other opinions. I took the course and had a mentor, spent many many hours, effort and few thousnad dollars in marketing campaings with yellow letters and other techniques, and afte months of work i couldn`t secure a deal.. I see myself as an action taker who couldn`t get results from what i was presented as easy to implement .. again treat my feedback as one voice, just my experiencei tried to be honest and authentic in my reveiw, if we post reviews on other trianing programs here at REIN for the benefit of everyone, then we should also be open with RLG course reviews. The only reason i am writing this is for the beneift of the people who are asking the same question as Hassan. I hope i didn`t offend anyone..My experince with RLG affirmed how lucky we are with Don and REIN....final point, if i find success with quick turn in the future I promise i will post it and share the success
Thx
Fadi

WadeFenner

Inspired Forum Member
QUOTE (hassan88 @ Aug 10 2010, 07:58 PM) Hi,

Hassan

P.S If anyone is going to the Quickturn and/or Seller financing and is interested to find out how you can save up to $4000 please contact me at [email protected].

Hello Hassan,

Like Ron I`m going to be blunt.

Nothing that is going to create the lifestyle & wealth you desire is going to come easy. Those who are not willing to bust their ass, get the education, ask for help, put in their time, take a few risks, fall down, and pick themselves up again should just go get a day job and forget about having dreams.

Ron LeGrand is probably the best in the business. Yes he`s arrogant as all get out and a massive promoter - so what - dislike the messenger if you will but embrace the message.

I studied all sorts of quick-turn real estate ideas and sat at home doing mock scenarios for years before ever doing anything with the knowledge until I had an epileptic seizure in 1997 and lost my job and my drivers license. Shortly after this I moved to Alberta and bought a bicycle and started in the business while I looked for a job. A few months after arriving in Alberta from Vancouver REIN brought Ron to town and I drank the lemonade and the rest was history.

I had a good base of knowledge already by the time Ron came to Alberta but I really had no idea if what I knew was legit or just more get rich bs. I attended a few of Ron`s courses and had faith because I had a lot of faith in REIN.

The results were tremendous. In my first year 1997 and starting with nothing more than a cash advance on two credit cards, a cell phone, and a bicycle I did 1.3 million dollars worth of deals with a profit of "A hell of a lot more than I made working". I did it because I wanted to, had to, and had nothing better to do.

Since then I`ve completed 120+ individual purchases all using Ron LeGrand styled techniques to either locate the property, get it under contract, finance it, fix it, flip it, seller finance it, or whatever.... if not all of the above. To this day I have not walked into a bank and qualified for a mortgage to buy a house. I`ve qualified to refinance them but not buy them.

Was it easy no - It took a lot of hard work. The difference between people who make this stuff work and those that don`t is they are not learning the material well enough or are not applying themselves hard enough or in the right manner.

Its impossible for somebody like Don Campbell or an organization like REIN to be all things to all people and for all people to succeed at all things they bring to the table - nor will all people appreciate all of the speakers. Dislike the messenger but listen to the message. Quick-turn creative styled real estate is not for everybody and might not work for all but it doesn`t have anything to do with the techniques it has to do with the person applying them. Maybe its just not a fit for them. I dislike bookkeeping and do poorly at it but it doesn`t mean its a bad profession.

Have faith in the integrity level of Don Campbell, REIN, and what and who they bring to the table. Listen to the message and apply what you think will work for you. Don`t forget to ask for help along the way.

Good Luck,

hassan88

Registered
QUOTE (WadeFenner @ Aug 31 2010, 08:10 AM) Hello Hassan,

Nothing that is going to create the lifestyle & wealth you desire is going to come easy. Those who are not willing to bust their ass, get the education, ask for help, put in their time, take a few risks, fall down, and pick themselves up again should just go get a day job and forget about having dreams.

Ron LeGrand is probably the best in the business. Yes he`s arrogant as all get out and a massive promoter - so what - dislike the messenger if you will but embrace the message.

I studied all sorts of quick-turn real estate ideas and sat at home doing mock scenarios for years before ever doing anything with the knowledge until I had an epileptic seizure in 1997 and lost my job and my drivers license. Shortly after this I moved to Alberta and bought a bicycle and started in the business while I looked for a job. A few months after arriving in Alberta from Vancouver REIN brought Ron to town and I drank the lemonade and the rest was history.

I had a good base of knowledge already by the time Ron came to Alberta but I really had no idea if what I knew was legit or just more get rich bs. I attended a few of Ron`s courses and had faith because I had a lot of faith in REIN.

The results were tremendous. In my first year 1997 and starting with nothing more than a cash advance on two credit cards, a cell phone, and a bicycle I did 1.3 million dollars worth of deals with a profit of "A hell of a lot more than I made working". I did it because I wanted to, had to, and had nothing better to do.

Since then I`ve completed 120+ individual purchases all using Ron LeGrand styled techniques to either locate the property, get it under contract, finance it, fix it, flip it, seller finance it, or whatever.... if not all of the above. To this day I have not walked into a bank and qualified for a mortgage to buy a house. I`ve qualified to refinance them but not buy them.

Was it easy no - It took a lot of hard work. The difference between people who make this stuff work and those that don`t is they are not learning the material well enough or are not applying themselves hard enough or in the right manner.

Have faith in the integrity level of Don Campbell, REIN, and what and who they bring to the table. Listen to the message and apply what you think will work for you. Don`t forget to ask for help along the way.

Good Luck,

Hi Wade,

You are absolutely right. I do believe in who REIN brings to the table. I have mentioned this before (like REIN does) that its your REAL ESTATE BUSINESS and you have to treat it that way. If you treat it like a business then you should say to yourself "What do I need to do to take my business to the next level." My answer to that question is that I will start with REIN and then listen to speakers that REIN brings on to the stage for example Ron, Barry, Peter Kinch, Thomas. I was at the Multi Family event this past weekend and REIN brought on stage some amazing speakers. Every single one of them inspired me in one way or the other. To take your business to the next level you not only have to educate yourself (which is the easy part) but also TAKE ACTION (how many times have we heard that!!) and apply where it can be applied.

I will be at the Quick Turn event in Toronto and Seller Financing in Calgary. Hope to see you there!!!

Once again REIN members I signed up for both events and got an amazing deal that saved me $4000. If you are going to either events, you can get the same deal. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Sincerely,

Hassan

neill

Airdrie, AB
REIN Member
QUOTE (WadeFenner @ Aug 31 2010, 09:10 AM) Hello Hassan,

Its impossible for somebody like Don Campbell or an organization like REIN to be all things to all people and for all people to succeed at all things they bring to the table - nor will all people appreciate all of the speakers. Dislike the messenger but listen to the message. Quick-turn creative styled real estate is not for everybody and might not work for all but it doesn`t have anything to do with the techniques it has to do with the person applying them. Maybe its just not a fit for them. I dislike bookkeeping and do poorly at it but it doesn`t mean its a bad profession.

Good Luck,

Well stated!

hassan88

Registered
Just wondering if there are any REIN members that are going to this event but have yet to register. I was quoted $1500 but with a partner it will cost $750/person. Anyone interested?

Top Bottom