Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Real Estate Commisions

dplummer

Registered
If your buying/selling through the same agent on a ongoing basis do you ask for a break on the % ? What is a fair commision %? Thanks! Doug

dplummer

Registered
WOW! 86 views & no comments. Do you all pay 6% real estate commisions?

Doug

Bill

Registered
QUOTE (dplummer @ Jul 2 2008, 03:29 PM) WOW! 86 views & no comments. Do you all pay 6% real estate commisions?

Doug

If you are working with a Realtor who understands what you are doing, sees the potential for not only a steady stream of business now, but a huge stream of properties for sale five years down the road and is familiar with investors they will probably offer you a reduced rate.

If you have to ask them for a discount, perhaps they don`t understand what you are doing?

RedlineBrett

Registered
In Alberta the rates are 7% of the first 100k and 3% of the balance.

In almost all cases the listing brokerage pays the selling (buyer`s) brokerage half for bringing a buyer.

Real estate agents are the same as any other service business - they give breaks for good repeat clients.

I have had family and friends that expected `a deal` before. The easiest way for me to do that is to give them a break on the listing commission (money right out of their pocket) if they use me to buy (no direct cost to them).

For investors that are buying 10 properties for every one they sell well it`s a different story. Every client is different.

Honestly though real estate agents do deals for a living so they will listen to whatever you have to offer. What do you have to lose by offering a special arrangement? If the agent doesn`t think you`re worth their time for the fee you want to pay they will tell ya!

QUOTE (dplummer @ Jul 2 2008, 03:29 PM) WOW! 86 views & no comments. Do you all pay 6% real estate commisions?

Doug

MikeMcCrae

Registered
I pay my realtor full rate, my accountant and my lawyer as well. They are proffesionals and work very hard for me. If your realtor is not worth what you are paying him, should you pay less or hire a better realtor?

ChrisDavies

Registered
Ditto Mike and Drew`s comments.

Discounted Realtor....discounted results. Use the best for your team members, get the best results, pay the best wages.

billf

Registered
Hi,

The standard in GTA is 5%, and I have had a deal at 3.75% once. I feel that anything lower than 2.5% to your agent is will compromise your service.

My two cents,

BillF

Top Bottom