Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

real estate graph

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
What a unique and interesting way to show how values have gone up and won over the years.

markl

Registered
Thanks Stephen

Definitely an interesting way to look at the values. I wish the graph at the end was clearer though

JordanRich

Registered
Very cool, the last 15 years have been a pretty steep upward trend...hopefully the downward run won`t be that fast and long.

kopilas

Registered
After Goggling Robert J Schiller`s I found some info.

Historical housing market data showing home prices, population, building costs an interest rates since 1890 are available for download and are updated quarterly in Excel format. Here is the link:

US Housing Data

Why is it sooo easy to find info on anything you want in the US?!

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Interesting .. but misleading .. one of the MISLEADING data pieces in this chart is the value of "inflation", as the inflation used is likely CPI (consumer price index) and NOT the much higher money supply oriented data depicted here, for example:

http://myreinspace.com/rein_members_only/Members-Only_Discussion/81-6621-50_Year_Calgary_House_Price_View.html

Thus, the value @ 200 in 2007 seems to imply a 50% drop is necessary to get to norm, i.e. 100.

Assuming inflation is not 2-3% per year, but more like 6%, then teh expected drop will be much much smaller !

nepoez

Registered
Does real estate price generally flow with inflation? If so, ahead or behind?

QUOTE (thomasbeyer2000 @ Jan 12 2009, 09:18 PM)
Interesting .. but misleading .. one of the MISLEADING data pieces in this chart is the value of "inflation", as the inflation used is likely CPI (consumer price index) and NOT the much higher money supply oriented data depicted here, for example:

http://myreinspace.com/rein_members_only/Members-Only_Discussion/81-6621-50_Year_Calgary_House_Price_View.html

Thus, the value @ 200 in 2007 seems to imply a 50% drop is necessary to get to norm, i.e. 100.

Assuming inflation is not 2-3% per year, but more like 6%, then teh expected drop will be much much smaller !

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (nepoez @ Jan 13 2009, 04:11 PM) Does real estate price generally flow with inflation? If so, ahead or behind?
yes, on average ..

Top Bottom