Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Real Estate Investment Software

Anonymous

Registered
I`m curious if anyone has found a good software program to manage their real estate investments. At present, I use MS Money to plan and manage all my income/expenses including my properties, but it fails in many ways.

I don`t need the software to analyze a property, but to manage and provide options for my mortgages, provide me with a net worth statement, income/expense statements, etc...

Any ideas?

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
QUOTE (jlee @ Sep 1 2008, 06:38 PM) I`m curious if anyone has found a good software program to manage their real estate investments. At present, I use MS Money to plan and manage all my income/expenses including my properties, but it fails in many ways.

I don`t need the software to analyze a property, but to manage and provide options for my mortgages, provide me with a net worth statement, income/expense statements, etc...

Any ideas?

I switched from MS Money to QuickBooks Pro, having had some experience with QuickBooks. Navaz Murji has recommended that you do not need a professional accounting program to track your expenses.

There is a very good spreadsheet here. I have used it, and think it would work well, but I do have the bias for QuickBooks. I think the primary reason for my bias is that most accountants can work with QB, and I like being able to create my own Net Worth statements immediately.

Anonymous

Registered
I`ll look further into QuickBooks Pro. I really like MS Money, but I`m unable to put any value to my properties, so therefore, most reports are useless. Other than that, it`s a great software program.

QUOTE (Dan_Eisenhauer @ Sep 1 2008, 06:50 PM) I switched from MS Money to QuickBooks Pro, having had some experience with QuickBooks. Navaz Murji has recommended that you do not need a professional accounting program to track your expenses.

There is a very good spreadsheet here. I have used it, and think it would work well, but I do have the bias for QuickBooks. I think the primary reason for my bias is that most accountants can work with QB, and I like being able to create my own Net Worth statements immediately.

Anonymous

Registered
QUOTE (Shinto @ Sep 2 2008, 04:53 AM) I just use excel.

Once you use something like MS Money, you`ll realize that Excel doesn`t cut it. I currently do my Net Worth, Income/Expense and Cash Flow Statements in Excel but would love if a program would do it all. I`m going to look into QuickBooks Pro.

gwasser

Registered
QUOTE (jlee @ Sep 2 2008, 07:00 AM) Once you use something like MS Money, you`ll realize that Excel doesn`t cut it. I currently do my Net Worth, Income/Expense and Cash Flow Statements in Excel but would love if a program would do it all. I`m going to look into QuickBooks Pro.

If you are looking for total networth tracking then do check out Quicken. Quicken has still many quirks but it is the best one available and at a reasonable price.

Jamescliff

Registered
QUOTE (jlee @ Sep 1 2008, 06:38 PM) I`m curious if anyone has found a good software program to manage their real estate investments. At present, I use MS Money to plan and manage all my income/expenses including my properties, but it fails in many ways.

Any ideas?

Hi,

There are many software in market but you can also make a software as per your own requirement. And, a well known software development company can do it easily for you.

Top Bottom